Honored Contributor

Re: NEW AMSTERDAM BACK TUES 3/2

Loved the episode, but now I forget .... did Max get his propophol?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Loved the episode, but now I forget .... did Max get his propophol?

Yes, of course !!! It happened during the big trade. 

Super Contributor

I am a registered nurse, and cried the first 5 minutes of the episode.  It was done so well, brought up a lot of memories and emotions of the past year.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

I too thought the episode was very good. I am glad it wasn't all about COVID; there are enough of those programs out there. I like to have relief from reality.

I do not care for Helen (I think that is her name), the one that many people wish would get together. I don't care for her character. Just something about her that makes me feel she is not the best for Max. She comes across to me as wanting there to be a relationship with Max. 

@World Traveler  I totally agree about Helen. I don't want her and Max together. Part of my reason is she wanted that relationship before Max's wife, Georgia, died and he was attracted to her but respected his marriage. Last year when he was grieving, Helen took advantage of that and she crossed boundaries she shouldn't have. All of that was discussed. It's why I prefer having a main thread for a series because it's a lot easier to go back and brush up on things that may have been forgotten.

This is last year's thread. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I hope Dr. Reynolds stays.

I liked his character.

@Mersha ...I love Dr. Reynolds character and also hope that he stays on...I was so disappointed to see his character leave last season and was so ecstatic to see his appearance in this season's opening episode....I would love to see a strong storyline built around his character.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

I am a registered nurse, and cried the first 5 minutes of the episode.  It was done so well, brought up a lot of memories and emotions of the past year.

@IslanderGirl62 ...The beginning of the episode was so very touching and emotional...extremely well done.

I want to thank you so very much for all you do and continue to go through...I am truly amazed at the determination, dedication and commitment of all our medical workers and staff during this very challenging and trying time...You all are in my thoughts and prayers...Take good care and stay well.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Tique 

???   What boundaries did Helen cross?  I never missed an episode and can't think of what you are referring to.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this show because it’s based on a real character and a hospital in NYC. I read the book and so wanted to attend Bellevue nursing school but back in my day, the hospital only accepted NY residents. I was crushed. Bellevue always addressed the needs of the underserved populations and still does. Graduates of that school were the best trained nurses I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with when I did clinical nursing in a large NYC hospital. They could handle almost any medical situation and since they did not get private funding they could really improvise making supplies. We ran out of paper slippers once and my colleague made them out of newspaper and they were better looking than the real product and wore well. I’ve always had deep respect for Bellevue and thus, New Amsterdam is very appealing to me as is Max.
Honored Contributor

Excellent show last nite on 3/9, perfection !!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

I recorded it and can't wait to see it.  I really like this show.