Respected Contributor

Re: NEW AMSTERDAM BACK TUES 3/2

[ Edited ]

This is one of the very few network shows that I enjoy.  I became a fan of Ryan Eggold when he was on the "Blacklist."

I thought they did a great job with the opening tribute to doctors, nurses and hospital workers during the pandemic.  It was very touching.  The coordination with other hospital administrators was a great touch also.

It will be interesting to see where the Helen/Max relationship goes.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

My favorite show. So glad to see it back on. I used to really like A Million Little Things the first year but it seems to have gone off the rails now. Some of the characters have become down right unlikeable and even boring.
Honored Contributor

so glad to watch this last night and it was a POWERFUL episode. not much laughter or lightheartedness, but a strong and meaningful season opener.

do we think that the grandparents may go for full custody?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We know Reynolds will return to treat Dr Kapoor, but whether he will be back on a permanent basis remains to be seen. 

Honored Contributor

Last nights episode was directed by Peter Horton, remember him as Gary on Thirtysomething. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Last nights episode was directed by Peter Horton, remember him as Gary on Thirtysomething. 

yes, he has directed several episodes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I hope Dr. Reynolds stays.

I liked his character.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ouf of The Good Doctor, Chicago Med, and The Resident (I don't watch Grey's), I thought New Amsterdam was the best one out of the bunch.  I appreciated the Covid story line, shown in a succinct 5 minutes, yet they were able to show the entire range and spectrum of emotions, from the tragedy, the worry, the sadness, the weariness, the hopelessness, to the joy, the happy, and the hope.  I thought it was so well done and I was glad it wasn't an entire episode that revolved around Covid.  I appreciated it being sprinkled throughout the episode, showing the long lasting impact it had.  I think Ryan Eggold is a gifted actor and the cast as a whole is great.

I also liked the scene where the hospital administrators were on the phone with each other.  That is classic Max. 

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

I thought the show was excellent.  The beginning was done beautifully showing how covid affected everyone, very emotional.  This is my favorite medical show ever. I do hope Max and Helen get together.  

Honored Contributor

I too thought the episode was very good. I am glad it wasn't all about COVID; there are enough of those programs out there. I like to have relief from reality.

I do not care for Helen (I think that is her name), the one that many people wish would get together. I don't care for her character. Just something about her that makes me feel she is not the best for Max. She comes across to me as wanting there to be a relationship with Max.