Respected Contributor

NETFLIX: The Other Side of The Mountain!

Just found this last nite!   it's only available until Sunday 4/30!  an inspirational story based on the true story of a young girl paralyzed from a skiing accident.  this movie holds a special place in my heart - and i have not seen this in 40 + years...20 handkerchiefs! 

The Four Seasons  also on Netflix stars Carol Burnett playing Alan Alda's wife.  i think it may have been an HBO movie. Three couples are friends until one of the husbands has a mid-life crisis and the others have to deal with the fall-out.

Out Of Africa is now on the Flix as well! 

" i had a farm...in Africa..."

Valued Contributor

Re: NETFLIX: The Other Side of The Mountain!

I saw The Other Side of the Mountain years ago at the show, a real tear jerker.

Respected Contributor

I have the DVDs for The Other Side of the Mountain and The Other Side of the Mountain II. Both films are inspirational to watch.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline wrote:

Just found this last nite!   it's only available until Sunday 4/30!  an inspirational story based on the true story of a young girl paralyzed from a skiing accident.  this movie holds a special place in my heart - and i have not seen this in 40 + years...20 handkerchiefs! 

The Four Seasons  also on Netflix stars Carol Burnett playing Alan Alda's wife.  i think it may have been an HBO movie. Three couples are friends until one of the husbands has a mid-life crisis and the others have to deal with the fall-out.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I love all three of these movies.👍🏻

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

4 seasons was a movie, it's a really good movie,  released early 80's

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad you mentioned The Four Seasons, @CatsyCline .  I remember going to the theatre to see that move.  It was great.  I think I'll watch it today.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I also saw The Four Seasons several times in the theater. 

The character Anne, played by Sandy Dennis, was so sad and almost tragic, an excellent performance by Miss Dennis and the others.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'm so glad you mentioned The Four Seasons, @CatsyCline .  I remember going to the theatre to see that move.  It was great.  I think I'll watch it today.

there are not many movies I can rewatch

maybe 3 or 4 , this is one of them

great cast, cinematography and of course the soundtrack