Esteemed Contributor

Re: NETFLIX SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU

Netflix has a series "Higher Ground" .

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Nope, can't do it. I tried to watch the two shows suggested here on Netflix. I can't understand what the dialog being a British show. I just have to give up. 

@ID2.  British shows are the best shows on tv. In my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Nope, can't do it. I tried to watch the two shows suggested here on Netflix. I can't understand what the dialog being a British show. I just have to give up. 

@proudlyfromNJ   I so agree with this.  I think the actors are much more polished and trained.

Also they tend to be real-looking people; people you see everyday.  Because of that the characters are more believable.

I sometimes have trouble understanding dialogue so closed-captioning comes in handy.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   I so agree with this.  I think the actors are much more polished and trained.

Also they tend to be real-looking people; people you see everyday.  Because of that the characters are more believable.

I sometimes have trouble understanding dialogue so closed-captioning comes in handy.

@Cakers3. Yes I agree and the shows just seem so classy. Even if they are repeats, Downton Abbey will be on my tv, Miss Fisher will be on, Granchester, etc, I could keep on going. It was always sad when a series ended.

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I use the subtitltes option with all British shows. I often cannot understand what they are staying, even at top volume.