Honored Contributor

NETFLIX SERIES -- UNBELIEVABLE

[ Edited ]

Thanks to whomever recommended this series! I binged watched it and finished yesterday.

Absolutely fascinating. I really liked all the actors and I thought the portrayal of Marie was excellent.

After 20 years of watching Law & Order SVU her reactions ahd behaviors were not surprising considering the assault she was a victim of. She was offered little sympathy or counseling until it was way too late. I liked the ending on all levels.

So, thanks again!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: NETFLIX SERIES -- UNBELIEVABLE

I wany thank whoever recommened Unbelievable too.  I binge watched this weekend and I finished watching it this morning.  Yes, things that happend with assaults but I always thought it was in the past.  That society had come a long way and women were maligned and discounted.  But this all happened in 2008.  Not the distant past at all.  The casting, the acting, the writing, the realism.  All of it was excellently done.  

Trusted Contributor

I loved Unbelievable. I also binge watched this past weekend. The young actor that played Marie was excellent. I believe her name is Caitlin Deaver. She was on Justified when she was younger and I thought she was good then. I think she'll be one to watch in the future. Toni Collette and the other woman who played the detectives we're also very, very good. It would be nice to have a second season with a different case. It said limited series, so we'll see.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NEvans2 I agree. I loved the way the two women worked together. A potty mouth and a Christian, they made an excellent team and respected each other, which is sooo important.

Esteemed Contributor

I am currently watching Unbelievable and love it.  The acting is excellent and the two women detectives working together are a great team.  I'm just sorry it is not a lengthy series.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids @Lindsays Grandma @NEvans2 @chrystaltree 

Thanks goes to @qualitygal for recommending.

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Love my grandkids @Lindsays Grandma @NEvans2 @chrystaltree 

Thanks goes to @qualitygal for recommending.

@coffee drinker...thanks for telling us that.  I didn't know QualityGal recommended it or I would have thanked her for it.  I saw the recommendation on my Netflix Mail where I am always looking for new shows to watch. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just watched "Unbelievable" and it touched me at many levels and Episode 8 was an exceptional culmination to all the research and work done by the 2 detectives and their team. Glad to see Marie's growth and maturity.  This occurred just 10 years ago, yet the way Marie's case was handled you would have though it was 30-40 years ago.  It was excellent and reminded me of the Netflix "Mindhunter" series about the creation of FBI's Behavioral Science Unit.  Merritt Wever, Toni Collette and Kaitlyn Dever were terrific in the mini-series. And a favorite of mine Nick Searcy who played the role of Det. Harkness who made Marie's disjointed life more difficult! I certainly hope this Series will be renewed for Season 2 using a different case.  This was done extremely well, so much better than any network police/detective program.  Currently, the only excellent police/detective program on Network TV is "Chicago PD".

Honored Contributor

100% recommend this series!