Honored Contributor

Re: NEED RECS FOR FUNNY MOVIE FOR OLD FOLKS

[ Edited ]

@kindred cats wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1  What About Bob? is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.  I second that one, glad you mentioned it. Cat LOL

@kindred cats Me too! And ever since we saw it as a family, when we would eat something delicious we would do the Bob imitation! dinner scene-m m m!😂

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay  You made me LOL all over again!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@kindred cat,

I'm laughing too!😅

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I love "The ghost and Mr. Chicken"

Honored Contributor

Definitely What About Bob, it's one of my all time favorites

I love Something's Gotta Give too, have watched it countless times
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

cocoon?

its a mad mad mad mad world?

home alone?

lately i have been watching carol burnett episodes on free PLUTO TV. they have an entire CB channel. i forgot how funny it was! i am so enjoying watching it.

@sunshine45   The episodes I like most are Carol playing a happy drunk, at home, The Family, and Mrs. Wiggins.  It is on everynight on MeTV, and the full hour on Decades every afternoon, PST.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are so many.  I love The Geisha Boy with Jerry Lewis and a white bunny, so funny, and heartwarming with the little boy.

The original Out of Towners.  Mama's Family which was a tv series, always makes me laugh, not a movie though.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

cocoon?

home alone?

lately i have been watching carol burnett episodes on free PLUTO TV. they have an entire CB channel. i forgot how funny it was! i am so enjoying watching it.

@sunshine45   The episodes I like most are Carol playing a happy drunk, at home, The Family, and Mrs. Wiggins.  It is on everynight on MeTV, and the full hour on Decades every afternoon, PST.

all of those you mentioned @mousiegirl  are great sketches! i particularly like watching via pluto tv because they show even the episodes from the 60s. there were some wonderful singing and dancing sequences that are so wonderful to watch.....and lots of old movie stars. i do also like when she asked the audience for questions. AND man, was lyle waggoner so good to look at! lol

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

cocoon?

home alone?

all of those you mentioned @mousiegirl  are great sketches! i particularly like watching via pluto tv because they show even the episodes from the 60s. there were some wonderful singing and dancing sequences that are so wonderful to watch.....and lots of old movie stars. i do also like when she asked the audience for questions. AND man, was lyle waggoner so good to look at! lol

@sunshine45    It seemed Carol thought the same of Lyle, lol.

The spin off of The Family is Mama's Family, love it, so I bought the entire tv series on dvd, never fails to make me laugh.  Carol was in most , if not all, of the first season, then left.

Decades runs the hour shows from the 60's, but I never remember to watch it, believe it is on at 3:00pm PST.

Trusted Contributor

Mr. Blandiings Builds His Dream House  with Cary Grant, Myrna Loy and Melvin Douglas. I happen to love this movie because it's so well written, the acting is terrific and it's smart and funny.  The Thin Man Goes Home with William Powell and Myrna Loy is also a favorite. I bought them from Prime or you can rent them. 
If they like fun mysteries I recommend the Margaret Rutherford movies. 
MASH is also a great movie.