Regular Contributor

I have given up on NCIS.  It's just not the same without Gibbs.  I like Gary Cole but need Gibbs!

Honored Contributor

I've  given up on it too. It's bland without Gibbs and I dislike his replacement. If he has a personality, it adds nothing to the show.

Respected Contributor

i totally disagree!  i had stopped watching NCIS because lets face it,  Gibbs is just too old to be convincing in his role. (he's 70!)  i think the new guy is great.  just flipped back last week,, and noticed the new guy, and Gibbs, gone, and have now watched them all.  Always loved Gibbs, but it was time to pass the torch. 

Valued Contributor

I miss Gibbs a lot also, but have alway liked Gary Cole. Wasn't sure about him being on NCIS, but like him more and more as the season is progressing.

cookin

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i totally disagree!  i had stopped watching NCIS because lets face it,  Gibbs is just too old to be convincing in his role. (he's 70!)  i think the new guy is great.  just flipped back last week,, and noticed the new guy, and Gibbs, gone, and have now watched them all.  Always loved Gibbs, but it was time to pass the torch. 

Well, Gary Cole is 65, so not that much younger than Mark Harmon.  And David McCallum as the ME was a regular well in to his 80's!  

I loved Gibbs, and it's hard to change charracters -- remember when Tony DiNozzo left??  I always thought the shows with him were better, but they have to move on when actors don't want to continue. Mark Harmon played the character for what, 18 years??  That's a LONG time!  

I have always liked Gary Cole, going back to Midnight Caller.  It's just going to be different.  I like him better than Bishop's replacement.

Contributor

Me too!  The show has lost it's glow.  I love the new lab girl, also like Nick and McGee.  The new female agent is unbelievable.  There have been several shows where I thought they were trying to turn it into a comedy.  Guess I'll be watching the reruns.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@kittyloo I watch\ it because my husband loves it, but wasn't a big fan and mostly don't pay close attention.  I like it better without Gibbs.  My main complaint was he was always hugging and smooching and had his paws on that woman that left--the one in the lab.  Old masher Gibbs was.

I watch more now with the new guy.  I like him.