Respected Contributor

Re: NCIS season finale 05/25/2021

Yeah, that was a pretty terrible finale as far as Ellie went.  It was a really good finale with the ending.  The boat thing is a running joke from the beginning of the show and maybe when the show ends, we will finally know how Gibbs gets all those boats out of the basement.  He's built a bunch of them over the years.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli I always thought it was the same boat, just in different stages of the building process.

Respected Contributor

It couldn't be because they were all different boats (shapes)  And in some of the episodes, there was no boat. LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli I'm almost always cooking dinner during the show, so I have missed those details.  I always really thought it was all about the building process than about the finished product for Gibbs.  Plus, I don't remember there ever being mention of the other boats having been finished, but, like I said, I might've been cooking at the time.  

I have a TV in the kitchen, but even then, if the fan for the stove is running I can't hear anything, so I gave up trying to watch while I was cooking.

Esteemed Contributor

One boat that he named Kelly was featured in a story with Mike Franks.  The boat was found flaoting aimlessly off the coast of Mexico where Franks lived and there were dead bodies on it.  Yes, Jethro has indeed built a bunch of boats in the 18 seasons.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I didn't see what this one was named, did anyone else?

Respected Contributor

I found it--the boat was named Rule 91   (walk away and don't look back or something like that)

Valued Contributor

The boat was named Rule 91.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Esteemed Contributor

Rule 91....when you're ready to walk away, don't look back.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I read that Mark H. was cutting down his hours in the future shows.....and that Bishop was leaving the show.  I have to say i was unimpressed with the show finale.....the whole scenerio just came out of no where....and again...like Ziva and Tony they built Bishop and Torres up for the last couple years just to cut the story short when things were just starting to develop which was annoying and disappointing....

and i guess it was nice to have Mark H. have Pam on his show.....but she wasn't a good actress years back with Mork and Mindy .....and she hasn't improved....she becoming a regular would be disasterous.

I always thought when Ziva left....that a great replacement for her would be Sarah Shahi....who played

Sameen in Person of Interest.....she was super tough but likeable.   I still think she would fit well.   but the way this show is headed not sure i will be sticking with it next year.