Esteemed Contributor

NCIS season finale 05/25/2021

WOW!  That is all.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: NCIS season finale 05/25/2021

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick 

I’m a fan, End of an era.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It’s already been reported that Mark Harmon was signed on for next year - is just set up so he maybe doesn’t have to work as many days. The question mark is the other person as there has been no chatter about that person leaving. (That’s from what I’ve read from other people’s comments, so take with grain of salt.)

edited to add...

Spoiler
The actress that plays Bishop confirmed she's "hanging up her hat" on Instagram.  I personally liked the actress, but guess there's not much more to do with ithe character. At least it's set up for her to return and we don't have to wonder will they or won't they with Torres.
Super Contributor

Watching last week's show, I came away with feeling that they were setting viewers up with Katrina Law becoming a team member in the next season. That feeling just may be correct. Okay with me, if she tones down her 'smart a$$' attitude a bit.

Respected Contributor

I dozed on and off through the last half and missed it. Was lost when I woke up. It's one of my few favorite shows so I hope they don't change too much.

Honored Contributor

@WildDunes wrote:

Watching last week's show, I came away with feeling that they were setting viewers up with Katrina Law becoming a team member in the next season. That feeling just may be correct. Okay with me, if she tones down her 'smart a$$' attitude a bit.

I'd rather see her than Bishop.  I don't like the way they've written the Bishop character in the last few years.  Trying to make her into another super agent a la Ziva just doesn't work for me.  Although it will be difficult for me to forget about Katrina Law's Hallmark image.

I'm not sure how this next season will play out with Mark Harmon not being on air as much as he's been.  Gibbs is the glue that holds this show for me.  But the last few years Harmon has seemed like he's just going through the motions.  I wouldn't be surprised if this next season is the last.

Also, NCIS is moving to Mondays next season.  They're going to be the lead in for NCIS: Hawaii.  Tuesday is going to be all FBI shows.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was cooking dinner during the show, so missed a lot of it.  So, I don't know how the gun story resolved or if Gibbs and the reporter solved the serial killer mystery, guessing not. Or, how Gibbs got that boat out of his basement; did they show that?  I did see the goodbye between Torres & Bishop and did see the very end.  Guess I'm not fond of the dual storylines, and in this show there was actual 3 storylines going on.

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@WildDunes wrote:

I'd rather see her than Bishop.  I don't like the way they've written the Bishop character in the last few years.  Trying to make her into another super agent a la Ziva just doesn't work for me.  Although it will be difficult for me to forget about Katrina Law's Hallmark image.

I'm not sure how this next season will play out with Mark Harmon not being on air as much as he's been.  Gibbs is the glue that holds this show for me.  But the last few years Harmon has seemed like he's just going through the motions.  I wouldn't be surprised if this next season is the last.

Also, NCIS is moving to Mondays next season.  They're going to be the lead in for NCIS: Hawaii.  Tuesday is going to be all FBI shows.

Agree on Bishop -- Not-Ziva is still Not-Ziva.

The actress isn't right for a heavy super agent role. Her change last night was annoying to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Just watched recorded show. Agree there's only one Ziva and female characters don't need to turn into Ziva. And I think Gibbs is working with Bishop towards an end game. Gibbs always has a plan. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I watched some of the finale, but couldn't get past Paw Dawber (Mark Harmon's wife).  I forget her name on the show, but I hope all that hair is just a bad wig.  I kept wanting her to put on a hairband or something to keep all that hair out of her face.  It was very distracting!