Honored Contributor

NCIS was a never miss in our house until a few years ago, when I started to get tired of the dragged out multi week shows , the casting, and the sabbaticals of Gibbs.

A couple weeks ago I looked up from my book to find Palmer going to the wedding with the new female lead (whom I hadn't been crazy aabout at first), and was vaguely interested. 

Last night, I found myself entranced by their interactions, and ICING ON THE CAKE, DUCKY!!

Looking forward to next week's ep. The season finale!

Anyone else?

Honored Contributor

The casting is awful as are the characters they're playing. The writing lacks credibility and the acting not any better.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite show.  I do miss Gibbs, but Parker is a wonderful substitute. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

I agree Parker is a great addition to the cast.  A good leader with a touch of humor.  Gary Cole was a perfect choice for this role.

To me the show still holds up well despite 19 years and numerous cast changes.  Yes, I miss Gibbs, Abby, Ziva and especially Tony.   Now that Bull is ending I hope Michael Weatherly will come back for an episode or two.   And bring Ziva and their daughter with him.

A big yes to Jessica Knight and Jimmy Palmer!  So unlike NCIS to acknowledge a couple before one of the characters leaves the show.  An added bonus last night was the return of Ducky, who was the first to notice Jessica and Jimmy were missing!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

My favorite show.  I do miss Gibbs, but Parker is a wonderful substitute. 

@MamaWick I've said this any times before but I never liked Gibbs especially when he was being inappropriate with the lab technician. Hugging and squeezing her.  She should have backhanded him.

That being said, on all counts I think the new guy is an improvement.  But I see the show because my husband watches it.  

To me so many of the women on cop shows are cookie-cutter versions of a tall, dark haired woman with no expression and little personality.  I can hardly tell one from another on these shows.  

Esteemed Contributor

Mark Harmon is one of the few celebrities I've ever had a starry-eyed crush on.  Mine dates back to when he was the spokesperson for Coors Beer. For that reason, I watched NCIS a lot in the early years.  I stuck with it until Michael Weatherly left. It wasn't the same viewing pleasure without Weatherly and the Ziva character for me. Maybe if Harmon had been in every episode I would have stuck around. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is the only show I am addicted to.  I have watched it since day one and will continue.  I guess NCIS and I have a long history.  So many characters have come and gone, but nothing can compare to the relationship between Tony and Ziva, in my humble view.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

The casting is awful as are the characters they're playing. The writing lacks credibility and the acting not any better.

Come on, @occasionalrain .  Tell us how you really feel lol!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Several years ago I read that once Bull was over, Tony and Ziva would be doing a show together a la Hart to Hart.. I think that would be good, especially since Robert Wagner was the original Hart!!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I watch, sometimes I'm half asleep and holding Shadow!