Super Contributor

'NCIS: New Orleans' to stage 'Quantum Leap' reunion with Dean Stockwell

By Natalie Abrams on Oct. 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM ew.com

NCIS: New Orleans will stage a Quantum Leap reunion during November Sweeps.

Dean Stockwell has booked a guest-starring role on the CBS procedural, reuniting him with Leap co-star Scott Bakula, EW has learned exclusively.

The Battlestar Galactica alum will play Tom Hamilton, a proud and spirited retired New Orleans cop who still has his wits about him. When confronted by investigators about a murder 40 years ago, he arrogantly pushes back using his knowledge and experience. Tom Hamilton is also the father of Councilman Douglas Hamilton (recurring guest-star Steven Weber).

"We did it!" executive producer Gary Glasberg says. "we found an opportunity for the tremendously talented Dean Stockwell to reunite on-screen with Scott Bakula. What a treat for November sweeps. We are thrilled to have him join us for some Thanksgiving fun and intrigue in NOLA."

NCIS: New Orleans airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET on CBS.

Respected Contributor

Re: 'NCIS: New Orleans' to stage 'Quantum Leap' reunion with Dean Stockwell

Thanks sounds like good wholesome fun

Super Contributor

Who didn't see this announcement coming from the outset?

It's great news for those of us who aren't regular viewers of NCIS:NO, but have been Dean Stockwell fans since 1948's The Boy with Green Hair.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of Quantum Leap .... was this a TV show or a movie?

Super Contributor

Tinkrbl44, yes it was a tv series on NBC for 5 seasons starting in 1989. I remember watching Scott on the series back then. I did enjoy the show! He was a cutie back in the day!
Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 gig2750 said: Tinkrbl44, yes it was a tv series on NBC for 5 seasons starting in 1989. I remember watching Scott on the series back then. I did enjoy the show! He was a cutie back in the day!

I'm sorry, but he's STILL a cutie--LOL! I'm really loving this show--it seems to get better week to week. Looking forward to seeing this episode. They had great chemistry.

Super Contributor

Tinkrbl44, Dean Stockwell played Admiral Al Calavicci on Quantum Leap, a show about a Time Traveler. In it, Scott Bakula as "Scientist Sam Beckett finds himself trapped in time--'leaping' into the body of a different person in a different time period each week. (Source: IMDb). You can watch old eps free on IMDb via Hulu. They're also available to watch instantly on IMDb and Amazon Instant Video.

Amazingly, Stockwell is 78 years old now and still busier than some actors half his age."

You can read his bio, 229 news articles, see 21 photos and 84 videos at: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001777/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Respected Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Never heard of Quantum Leap .... was this a TV show or a movie? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info !!

Respected Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Javala-la said:
On 10/17/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Never heard of Quantum Leap .... was this a TV show or a movie? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

One of the things that was interesting about the program was if you were born after that time you would see how much the world has changed.

Quantum Leap (1989)

Full Episode (M.I.A.: April 1, 1969)

TV shows may be for entertainment but many of times it also has been used to give insight to things going on is sometimes more real than we think, during world II may of times the air waves have been used to send messages, using code words which would go over the head of the listener because they were thinking it met something else.