Honored Contributor

NCIS-Just putting this out there-

DH and I have been MAJOR NCIS fans for years.

We have watched since right after Sasha Alexander (Kate) was murdered.

Every Tuesday, Loved it Loved it Loved it......

Cast changes, some on the set off the set controversy, stuck with it, Loved it.

Missing holiday episodes, Ralph Waite, the continuity, stuck with it, loved it.

Confusing interplots, Ziva gone, connection however tenuous to Tony, stuck with it.

THEN, the tangled, serialized, who is that? meandering red herring years. DH stuck with them, I'd fall asleep, couldn't follow the point over multiple episodes, violence verging on gratuitous.

So last night.

Initially, for this old David McCallum groupie, Palmer was a nudge, an annoyance, an intrusion, a threat. But gradually the character has fleshed out and fleshed in, not Duckie but definitely Palmer himself.

And last night's episode kept me awake, and I UNDERSTOOD IT, and LOVED IT as I had all of those years of free standing episodes in the past. 

If next week introduces a serialized 5 parter I'll probably wind up sleeping through it again. But last night was about as good as anything from the Golden Days of NCIS.

Feeling hopeful.......

Honored Contributor

Re: NCIS-Just putting this out there-

That show has always been hit or miss with me.  Covid seemed to answer my biggest question about the storyline, but they need to clarify that.

Honored Contributor

It's been years since I have heard the word "nudge". Thank you.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Frequent Contributor

Violann, you could have been describing me and my husband. Last night was so good, and Brian Dietzen (Jimmy) magnificently acted those scenes at the end. We were both weeping. 

Honored Contributor

I must have missed something somewhere recently, even though I've watched every episode since they've come back this season.

So could someone please answer the following?  (Spoiler for those that may not have seen last night's show.)

Spoiler
When did Jimmy's wife die?  Was this on a recent episode that I somehow missed?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette - In the opening credits there is a quick reference to ".....fast forward...." which DH and I THINK referred to the fact that from the episode immediately preceding this one, there were no explicit mentions of the pandemic.

THIS episode (last night's) is where we are now, in terms of pandemic life. HTH.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette  you did not miss any episodes.   Last night was what I term a shocker.

Spoiler
It was explained that it had been a few months since Breena died from covid
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Thinking back to "Palmer's" early days in the show 4 or 5 years ago was that?, I would NEVER HAVE THOUGHT that both the character AND the acting could have even lived to the place tha I'm enjoying now. 

GOOD JOB!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Thank you.  I thought I was going nuts for a while!  I even checked the past episodes to see if I had somehow missed one.

Yes, I understood what last night's episode was saying.  But the way they put it out there was just so strange that I had thought I missed some part along the way.

In fact, the episode was very different all the way around.  I enjoyed it, but the whole thing seemed like it jumped ahead somehow without explanations.  

I have always liked the Jimmy Palmer character, and I'm glad they expanded his role over the years.  I do miss Ducky, so it was good to see even a small bit of him.

Spoiler
I won't miss Sloan at all though.  I just never thought she fit in.  I knew Maria Bello was leaving the series and was surprised she showed up when the new season started.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

@geezerette - In the opening credits there is a quick reference to ".....fast forward...." which DH and I THINK referred to the fact that from the episode immediately preceding this one, there were no explicit mentions of the pandemic.

THIS episode (last night's) is where we are now, in terms of pandemic life. HTH.

@violann 

And thank you, too!

That's the (small) part I must have missed!  That makes much more sense to me now!  Whew!😉😆