Regular Contributor

Re: NCIS -- ABBY'S DEPARTURE

[ Edited ]

So disappointed in the show. I totally agree that the storyline was hastened...one minute Abby is hooked up to a ventilator and seeking revenge the next.  

Absolutely no reason to kill off Clayton - he and Torres were the best addition to the show. Bishop has to go! Ugh! McGee was a much better actor when he played off of DiNozzo's character, although he was convincing at Abby's bedside. 

So disappointing...   still love Gibbs though! 

Honored Contributor

@game-on wrote:

I will not miss Abby.... she had skills but her immaturity was not appealing to me.  l read that she now claims she was being assaulted on the set.  I also read that she claims she has been stalked for a long time.  I really question someone who has these complaints but doesnt tell anyone.

I realize the show couldnt do anything about an outside stalker, but they could do something if she was being assaulted.  

I just question these things..... 

@game-on

Where did you read this? 

Just like in any other workplace, it really depends WHO the perpetrator is. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@game-on wrote:

I will not miss Abby.... she had skills but her immaturity was not appealing to me.  l read that she now claims she was being assaulted on the set.  I also read that she claims she has been stalked for a long time.  I really question someone who has these complaints but doesnt tell anyone.

I realize the show couldnt do anything about an outside stalker, but they could do something if she was being assaulted.  

@game-on

Where did you read this? 

@game-on.  It has been known for quite awhile that she has had a stalker. That is not new.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ.....thanks for the info.... I didnt know how long it had been known.... but the assault info she has kept quiet.... and I heard she wouldnt talk about the stalker; has she reported it?  

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44.....I read about the assaults in USA Today.

Honored Contributor

Pauley Perrette did not leave NCIS just to persue other career opportunities, as the public was originally led to believe.  She is now speaking out.  I think the stalker issue and the recent "assault" implications are two different things. 

She seems to be implying that someone on the set in higher power made the set dangerous for all around.  She has a series of tweets about it now because the tabloids were printing lies about her (she says), so she decided to start speaking out the "truth." 

It's already documented online that Mark Harmon brought his dog on set all the time, and it was printed that his dog attacked at least on person on set.

I believe we have not yet heard the last of this ugly situation. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@game-on wrote:

@game-on

Where did you read this? 

@game-on.  It has been known for quite awhile that she has had a stalker. That is not new.

@proudlyfromNJ

I'm well aware of her previous experiences with stalker(s).  This is not that .....  the assaults appear to have occurred on the lot where they film NCIS.  I'm sure we'll hear more about this ....

Honored Contributor

I left when Ziva left.  So this is anticlimactic for me.

I will say that the Abby character set the stage for many other series to have "kooky" characters in that type of role.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

This morning I read another article on the Huffington Post; I am beginning to wonder if this rift had to do with Gibbs.  I did not know about the dog being on the set until I read it here.... so the pieces are falling together.  

Trusted Contributor

When you google up Pauley Perrette, you can find all sorts of things, and who knows what is factual and what is not, especially since she is saying so much of it is hogwash?  One thing I read is that Cote de Pablo left the show due to a rift with Pauley Perrette.  Then you read about Pauley having a rift with Mark Harmon over his dog.  Other things like she's a Diva, high maintenance, a Drama Queen, etc.  Now it's assaults on the set of NCIS??  With her history of being stalked and speaking up about it, why in the world would she wait until after the fact to bring this up??  And, why would she even allow herself to be put into such a situation??  Maybe for the money or maybe she was afraid - who knows??