Honored Contributor

Re: NCIS -- ABBY'S DEPARTURE

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think it's also possible that Clay dies, and Abby decides to move on to something else .... like keep doing the work Clay was doing.  

@Tinkrbl44 I was thinking the exact same thing!  Clay Reeves is not in any of the previews for tonight's show, and he and Abby really bonded over his charity work. 

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I will miss Abby. I loved the character. I hope they don't have someone take her place as I think that would be impossible. Maybe go a different way if they bring someone new on the show.

They have to replace her with someone.  She's the only forensics computer geek they have.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I used to watch the show.  Then I got to the point I had to let some shows go, this was one of them!

Anyway, she's been on a lot of other shows saying she was leaving the show, so I wasn't surprised.

I just don't understand why in the name of Heaven they had to kill her off?  

I guess it's a sign of the times.  Goodness!  I guess it's just too much to have her many fans (myself among them) to think these writers would have her go off into the sunset to follow other dreams.

This is one reason I've stopped watching some of these shows!

Honored Contributor

For more than a decade now, I think it's unfortunate that Abby has been SO emotionally stunted and immature .....  she wears costumes and acts like a child-woman who may be smart, but really needs to grow up.   stat!

Abby almost acts like a baby around Gibbs ..... not a grown woman.   Most women would have had the occasional boyfriend, or get married, or want children .... she is just a big child!   

When you compare her (lack of)  evolution to DiNozzo, McGee, Palmer ... and even Ducky  .....  Abby is way overdue to grow up and move on.    

While Pauley Perrette might have accumulated enough $$$ to never need to work again, I'm betting if she continues acting she will seek out seriously different types of characters. 

JMO 

Just googled .... her net worth is $16 million.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
Abby Lives!!!

Not sure how I feel about the ending.. let you know later 

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@CLHS68 wrote:

I will miss Abby. I loved the character. I hope they don't have someone take her place as I think that would be impossible. Maybe go a different way if they bring someone new on the show.

They have to replace her with someone.  She's the only forensics computer geek they have.

They'll come up with someone. Just hope it's not that kooky (not fun kooky like Abby) that was in a few episodes a while back working with Ducky. I've been watching this show since it's beginning, but if they bring this gal in, I'm done. 

Goodbye Abby, I will certainly miss you.

Respected Contributor

In the show Abby's character unfolded, revealing she was not just that kooky forensic but was the intelligent, brilliant forensic mind without any hoopla.

She emerged as a woman going forth with a determination and intent in an unguided direction so she would/could keep a promise and establish a meaningful future for others.

Well done Abby.

Positions can be refilled but character and personalities can not.

Bravo Abby.

Respected Contributor

I found last night's episode to be a big blah.  One minute Abby is in the hospital unconscious after a life threatening gunshot wound, then she wakes up, is home, then out in public stalking a man who wants her dead.

Honored Contributor

Not at all happy that they decided to kill off one of the better characters left on the show. There’s not much left for me besides Gibbs and Ducky.
Honored Contributor

I never watch that show, but all the hype around Abby's departure peaked my interest. I wish her luck with her new acting roles in the future.