Honored Contributor

Re: NCIS -- ABBY'S DEPARTURE

Abby was in the hospital and all the scenes with Gibbs could have been pieced together.  They couldn't even be in the same frame? Poorly written episode.

I don't know about the dog being a point of contention - but it is funny that every time there is a scene in Gibbs' house - you will hear the same dog barking track. 

I have watched but perhaps it is time to pull the plug. Loved Ziva and the chemistry between the 3 agents (DiNozo and McGee). Nof feeling Bishop and although I like Torres and Reeves - they all don't have the same chesmistry. I guess that were trying with Jennifer Esposito and Maria Bello. Throw enough characters in there and see what works? So far, nothing is working at least for me.

Abby's replacement - definitely not liking her at her. Trying too hard to be perky and what's with the hug with McGee? Hugging was Abby's thing. Gibbs asking her what she likes to drink? I think I'm done - 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper   I could not have said it any better.  On one hand Gibbs is standing there at her bedside when she's in the hospital and I thought "good" at least whatever Harmon/Perrette's issues were, they will be able to put them aside for this one last epi.   At her hospital bed was the only time you saw them together and after 15 years I wanted to see a goodbye scene.  Leaving him a note and using sign language from across the street was dumb.

I  watched from the beginning and I liked how after Sasha ALexander wanted out of her contract Tony/Ziva/McGee characters remained stable for a long time.  After that it seemed like they were "testing" new characters way too often.

Regarding the comment of the women mostly all dying so they can't come back - I think I liked Jennifer Esposito as Quinn's character better than Jack.  They are finally formulating her back story so she may grow on me!

ETA:  I noticed this whole last season how Gibbs/Perrette were never in any scenes together. Very noticeable when Tony and McGee would be "sent down by Gibbs to get info".  Regarding the assault - I'd not heard that; however, there are more than a few old stories, tweets, etc from Diane Neal implying unsafe things happening on the set when she was there (she played Agent Boren from the Coast Guard).

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

When you google up Pauley Perrette, you can find all sorts of things, and who knows what is factual and what is not, especially since she is saying so much of it is hogwash?  One thing I read is that Cote de Pablo left the show due to a rift with Pauley Perrette.  Then you read about Pauley having a rift with Mark Harmon over his dog.  Other things like she's a Diva, high maintenance, a Drama Queen, etc.  Now it's assaults on the set of NCIS??  With her history of being stalked and speaking up about it, why in the world would she wait until after the fact to bring this up??  And, why would she even allow herself to be put into such a situation??  Maybe for the money or maybe she was afraid - who knows??

@Shogirl

???    How do you know she didn't bring it up internally ... over a long period of time, and the situation wasn't resolved? 

And why would you blame her .... she "put herself" in the situation?   Wow.   

Clearly she was waiting until she finished out her contract to speak up .....  that's often the smart thing to do if things can't get straightened out internally.  Seems to me like she had a very dfficult time at the end.

Honored Contributor

I watched a special about stalking with PP some time ago-maybe 2 years or so.  It isn't anything to bash; and I believe she runs a support group.  Her ex-husband is a real piece of work, too.

I stopped watching after Ziva left; I do tune into some re-runs here and there. 

I realize Abby was an off-the-wall character but for a professional woman so intelligent as a scientist I found some of her scenes too child-like.  "GIBBS GIBBS GIBBS!"  Ugh.

I did watch these 2 episodes; I'm glad she survived but I felt that the whole storyline was jumping ahead time wise and not quite realistic.  Almost as though rushed through in Part 2.

(And Mark Harmon is no day in the country, either, btw.)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.  Shame on Mark.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44....hope you read the article from msn.... it explains a lot...

Honored Contributor

I posted article from vanity fair by mistake in CC. Stupid iPhone. LOL.
Trusted Contributor

@bikerbabe....I read that article... it explains a lot about why Abby and Gibbs changed their relationship.  It is hard to believe that a dog which has a tendency to bite was allowed on a set of a tv show.....SMH

Esteemed Contributor

Abby and Gibbs didn't change their relationship, Pauley and Mark did. Abby and Gibbs would film scenes separately and then they would be spliced together.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix