Esteemed Contributor

Re: NCIS -- ABBY'S DEPARTURE

@bikerbabe Agree Clay was my new, favorite character on the show

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Whatever might be going on between Pauley Perrette and Mark Harmon that has kept them from having scenes together nearly all season has definitely helped ruin the show for me. Her miraculous recovery in two days; barely seconds given to mourn Reeves; the laughable escape of the inmate from Abby's past; etc.  Sorry, I thought the show was terrible.  Reeves character deserved better, we were just getting to know him and see how good he was with the rest of the cast. 

Abby's character was great.  She was brilliant and so incredibly kind.  It has been said a lot of teenagers and young women got into STEM because of her character.   

In my opinion, NCIS has not been very good for a few seasons, but I watched because I still liked the characters and hoped it would get better.  I've watched since day one, but I think I am now done with the show for good. It was that last nail in the coffin (pun intended).

Honored Contributor

I thought that episode was only so-so .... not great by any means .... and that scene with her on Gibbs street was really dumb.     

It'll be interesting to see what direction they go in for Abby's replacement next season.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Whatever might be going on between Pauley Perrette and Mark Harmon that has kept them from having scenes together nearly all season has definitely helped ruin the show for me. Her miraculous recovery in two days; barely seconds given to mourn Reeves; the laughable escape of the inmate from Abby's past; etc.  Sorry, I thought the show was terrible.  Reeves character deserved better, we were just getting to know him and see how good he was with the rest of the cast. 

Abby's character was great.  She was brilliant and so incredibly kind.  It has been said a lot of teenagers and young women got into STEM because of her character.   

In my opinion, NCIS has not been very good for a few seasons, but I watched because I still liked the characters and hoped it would get better.  I've watched since day one, but I think I am now done with the show for good. It was that last nail in the coffin (pun intended).

@Caaareful Shopper

I hadn't noticed that!   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  It took me a looooong time, and suddenly a couple of weeks ago I thought "what's going on here?!"  Then I read a lot of comments on the NCIS social media accounts saying the exact same thing.  I was stunned at first.

Explains that final scene between them more now.  A note on the door?  Gibbs would have never asked her to stay.  He would have said something like, I know you have to do what you have to do.  Even their sign language to each other was not even in the same frame; it was just a simple edit to look like they were looking at each other.  She was such a beloved character.  Sad.

Valued Contributor

I thought the ending was lame. The whole show was a disappointment. There is no reason to keep watching NCIS anymore, and I have not watched it this season, except for the Abby episode. It's on all the time in reruns, anyway.

Trusted Contributor

She seems like an emotional sort, so maybe she had a hard time being around Mark Harmon this last season knowing she would be leaving.  I thought she held it together pretty well in this episode, though.   I'm not sure how I felt about the episode as a whole - it was just OK, I guess. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Abby has always been my favorite character on NCIS. I am very disappointed that she is leaving and also disappointed in this last episode. I did not see anything to cry about except that Clay is gone but I guessed it was him in the bodybag and not Abby. . I think they could have come up with a much better story.

Trusted Contributor

@tdog wrote:

I thought the ending was lame. The whole show was a disappointment. There is no reason to keep watching NCIS anymore, and I have not watched it this season, except for the Abby episode. It's on all the time in reruns, anyway.

I agree the episode was bad.  The only thing it had going for it was the drug case.  I do like Torres and am beginning to like Jack. McGee's character is a snooze.  I liked Reeves and am sorry to see him go.  

I noticed Abby was on less this year, but just assumed that's because she had announced she was leaving.  Didn't notice her lack of involvement with Gibbs until I read this thread.  And of course, the ending scene was dumb.  

Trusted Contributor

I will not miss Abby.... she had skills but her immaturity was not appealing to me.  l read that she now claims she was being assaulted on the set.  I also read that she claims she has been stalked for a long time.  I really question someone who has these complaints but doesnt tell anyone.

I realize the show couldnt do anything about an outside stalker, but they could do something if she was being assaulted.  

I just question these things.....