Respected Contributor

I am also wondering where this is going.  If Mark Harmon leaves the show, I really believe it will tank.  For those of you who remember Ricky Nelson, Mark was his brother-in-law.  Ricky was married to Mark's sister.  This show is my all-time favorite.  

Respected Contributor

I wasn't going to watch based on the summary, but I have been a fan of NCIS from the first episode.

I actually wonder if Lucy isn't his own dog.

Anyway, I read that this may be the last season because Mark's contract expires at the end of season 18 (current season). The producers have said that if he leaves, the show will be canceled.  Hollywood Reporter says that he may guest star in a few episodes of Season 19 if it continues.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I wasn't going to watch based on the summary, but I have been a fan of NCIS from the first episode.

I actually wonder if Lucy isn't his own dog.

Anyway, I read that this may be the last season because Mark's contract expires at the end of season 18 (current season). The producers have said that if he leaves, the show will be canceled.  Hollywood Reporter says that he may guest star in a few episodes of Season 19 if it continues.

@DrKelli 

I wondered that too.

Also I read that Pam Dawber (Harmon's real life wife) is scheduled to be in four episodes this season.  So that makes me wonder about him quitting too.

They are also introducing another reoccurring character to the team.  CIA guy, if I remember correctly.

Harmon has always said he'll stay as long as he enjoys it, and most recently, as long as the writers have stories.  But who knows if those still apply?

Respected Contributor

They are also bringing Katrina Law (from Hawaii 5-0) as a recurring character.  Hollywood reporter says she's Jack's replacement.

Esteemed Contributor
It is interesting about Gibbs and is a way to write him off the show if needed. I heard they were closing the New Orleans office - maybe Pride could transfer to DC? I’m (kind of) joking. Wonder how many more episodes this year? It’s definitely a different dynamic without Gibbs
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick why?  Is it the animal abuse storyline?  Or that Gibbs lost his composure? Or that Gibbs got put on suspension?  Enquiring minds.

Esteemed Contributor

The animal abuse.  I just don't need to see that episode ever again. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix