Esteemed Contributor

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I remember these long-overdue disclosures started with the many problems at Fox News, and people "at the top" there who tried to pay the stories away or otherwise quash them.   Then more people's unscrupulous actions were exposed, and it seems it's pervasive at just about any network or other places in the entertainment/news/infotainment industry.   I'm glad both women and men are speaking up and also are trying to make changes. 

Has something new come to light with NBC, @Nancy Drew?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Great article in a recent Time magazine about how gullible we are about what we see and hear.Although the concentration was on the Internet, TV and the newspapers also require caution I'd think. 

Seems as if NBC has plemty of company on this issue. Think about all the big shots at other networks who have walked the plank already. Sad and frustrating to say the least.  It's so difficult to sort out who to believe -  just when I think I've made my decision, some new info forces me to revisit what I think.

Honored Contributor

Never watch that news channel.  I only watch one news channel.

I also use Yahoo instead of Google.  Read the news lately?

Esteemed Contributor

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Oh no doubt Fox got caught covering for their own. What I am surprised at is NBC decided to cover up for someone who was not attached to them. He was a Hollywood guy, not even someone they wanted to lead our country. Why ruin your reputation on a Hollywood guy? 

@Nancy Drew,   I believe there are connections between BravoTV/NBC/Weinstein if you look at shows and productions.   When you start peeling back the layers, there are more connections than there seem to be, even among those we think are so-called "enemies."   Just my opinion, but I think all the entities were able to get away with horrid behavior for so long that they all thought the status quo would continue.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@Nancy DrewBecause the TV big wigs buy the shows they sell. Whether it's business or politics there are lobbyists selling something. Everyone sells or buys. They are all buddies.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Getting news from a single source has always been dangerous, @Annabellethecat66, but now I think even more so.   We find ourselves in a vacuum and often don't know we're being shown only one part of each story.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Great article in a recent Time magazine about how gullible we are about what we see and hear.Although the concentration was on the Internet, TV and the newspapers also require caution I'd think. 

Seems as if NBC has plemty of company on this issue.

Think about all the big shots at other networks who have walked the plank already. Sad and frustrating to say the least. 

It's so difficult to sort out who to believe -  just when I think I've made my decision, some new info forces me to revisit what I think.

I totally agree with your post, @millieshops.   I haven't seen the article you reference, but I'll see if I can find it.   Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Getting news from a single source has always been dangerous, @Annabellethecat66, but now I think even more so.   We find ourselves in a vacuum and often don't know we're being shown only one part of each story.

I watch all the news channels in order to avoid developing a groupthink mentality.