Esteemed Contributor

Re: NBC Loses from Days of Our Lives

@Jackson08 wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

I have Dish Network satalite  and today channel 7 was taken off plus a few other ones.

Disney owns ABC ! They want more money from dish netwok...so we lose until settled!

Did you know this, @cowboy sam ?

"Disney—the world’s largest children’s entertainment company—has adopted a benefits program that will subsidize out-of-state abortions for employees and....."

I boycotted Disney months ago.  I will not support anything they do.

@Jackson08 - Same here.

Honored Contributor

So they have to be losing advertising revenue too. DOOL still has production costs that aren't going to be covered with the nominal Peacock fees. Did the executives really think the public wanted another news program? They're so out of touch with middle America!

Honored Contributor

Sad .... that corporate executives were so stupid.  I know they're really pushing Peacock but did they really think DOOL people would follow them there?

Respected Contributor

@AuntG  For many people a "nominal" fee of  $5 a month to watch 40 minutes of a soap is a burden.  With prices being so high many people can't afford enough food let alone streaming services.  NBC has lost 750,000 viewers.  If those people had all signed up for Peacock it would have brought in 3,750,000 dollars.  I think we all know that didn't happen.  On top of that they will lose advertising dollars.  Will be interested to see how many people did sign up for Peacock +.  

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Shelbelle 

It is not about the money to  pay watch it!

I dislike changes when its not needed  like Channel 5 dumping it!

For me, it's not about change although I am resistant to having to use a different remote to be able to watch it on the TV.  We already pay a lot for DirecTV, so we're not paying more for a streaming service. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I would welcome it back to nbc ,but I must admit I am liking it on Peacock, get it for free. Runs only 43 minutes and can see it at my convenience from as early as 6 AM. Commercials are very short.  And no prempts for news

@Shelbelle @Big plus for me is no prempts for news and 43 minutes!

Honored Contributor

The show goes fast with just a few short commercials. Julie looked beautiful in her black patterned duster today. Leo is always funny - getting kicked off Julie's sofa while eating her homemade donuts. I hope Nancy and Craig can find happiness with new people.