Trusted Contributor

Re: NBC Loses from Days of Our Lives

@Judaline wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I can't imagine them being all that concerned about losing 750,000 viewers.   Don't successful shows pretty much have to have viewership in the millions to matter?  Plus, other parts of the company, such as the streaming, also factor into their income.

I didn't watch this show, but have watched others that went to a different place and that was always the death of the show after only one season in the new venue.

I really hope networks and cable don't  go away.  I agree with some that we probably have more than enough talk shows, especially daytime.  I watch a few - only one daytime and a couple of late night.

I just wonder if they figure that soaps are a bygone thing, appealing to people in the older age groups and I think we all know that those of us in the older age groups are not anybody's targeted audience.  Well, hardly any anyway.  

I've heard many times that college kids watch them at school.

@Judaline My brother was a firefighter and they've been watching soaps forever.  He was Y&R.

Respected Contributor

I'm a faithful Y&R fan.  So I do feel badly for the same fans of DOOL.  It's like having the rug pulled out from under you after years of investment, time, enjoyment.  Many people can't or won't switch to streaming and right now I'm one of them.

Honored Contributor

Am i really missing anything by not signing up for Peacock +??

But, i really miss watching it when it was on channel 5!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

Am i really missing anything by not signing up for Peacock +??

But, i really miss watching it when it was on channel 5!

If they are still offering it for 1.99 a month, just bite the bullet and go for it!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

It is not about the money to  pay watch it!

I dislike changes when its not needed  like Channel 5 dumping it!

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Shelbelle 

No one dislikes change more than me, no one, especially after 57 years.  My coworker is paying for P, but she has boycotted all other nbc viewing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Shelbelle 

No one dislikes change more than me, no one, especially after 57 years.  My coworker is paying for P, but she has boycotted all other nbc viewing. 

@Shelbelle  - I'm like you and dislike change, especially with something that has been the same for a long time. I didn't want to give NBC one penny, but  I'm paying the cheapest for P.  I was going to boycott NBC, but they picked up Magnum PI, which I like, so there goes that idea.   It's sad that we have to pick and choose our entertainment because these companies are greedy and don't care about loyal viewers.

Honored Contributor

I have Dish Network satalite  and today channel 7 was taken off plus a few other ones.

Disney owns ABC ! They want more money from dish netwok...so we lose until settled!

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

I have Dish Network satalite  and today channel 7 was taken off plus a few other ones.

Disney owns ABC ! They want more money from dish netwok...so we lose until settled!

Did you know this, @cowboy sam ?

"Disney—the world’s largest children’s entertainment company—has adopted a benefits program that will subsidize out-of-state abortions for employees and....."

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

Did you know this, @cowboy sam ?

"Disney—the world’s largest children’s entertainment company—has adopted a benefits program that will subsidize out-of-state abortions for employees and....."

I boycotted Disney months ago.  I will not support anything they do.