Respected Contributor

Re: NBC Loses from Days of Our Lives

@Marp  It did not.  The majority of Days viewers are retired and so many are on a fixed income.  I seriously doubt if Peacock picked up 750,000 new viewers.

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine In our area, the NBC network has aired another hour long new program.  It follows aour local news.  I can not turn the tv off fast enough as too much news is depressing and I am not going to watch doom and gloom every day.

Trusted Contributor

Great news brandiwine. I’m with you 😂
Esteemed Contributor

Either they're really stupid (à la CNN+) or they found a good way to ease another soap out the door.

Trusted Contributor

I'm a Days lifer but refuse to pay to watch it on Peacock.  I've been reading the daily recaps on soaps.com to keep up with the story, but honestly I don't miss it as much as I thought I would and save myself time every day by not watching.  I also won't pay to watch Dancing with the Stars either.

Honored Contributor

I would welcome it back to nbc ,but I must admit I am liking it on Peacock, get it for free. Runs only 43 minutes and can see it at my convenience from as early as 6 AM. Commercials are very short.  And no prempts for news

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I would welcome it back to nbc ,but I must admit I am liking it on Peacock, get it for free. Runs only 43 minutes and can see it at my convenience from as early as 6 AM. Commercials are very short.  And no prempts for news

Shel, you can always watch it at your leisure if you record it! But you can't ff parts that you don't like on Peacock!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I can't imagine them being all that concerned about losing 750,000 viewers.   Don't successful shows pretty much have to have viewership in the millions to matter?  Plus, other parts of the company, such as the streaming, also factor into their income.

I didn't watch this show, but have watched others that went to a different place and that was always the death of the show after only one season in the new venue.

I really hope networks and cable don't  go away.  I agree with some that we probably have more than enough talk shows, especially daytime.  I watch a few - only one daytime and a couple of late night.

I just wonder if they figure that soaps are a bygone thing, appealing to people in the older age groups and I think we all know that those of us in the older age groups are not anybody's targeted audience.  Well, hardly any anyway.  

I've heard many times that college kids watch them at school.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Either they're really stupid (à la CNN+) or they found a good way to ease another soap out the door.

@Vivian,  CNN+ has either shut down or will shut down within days.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Shel, you can always watch it at your leisure if you record it! But you can't ff parts that you don't like on Peacock!

I record very little TV, and yes you can FF on Peacock, just not the short commercials, just the actual show.