Honored Contributor

Re: NATALIE WOOD FESTIVAL MONDAY 6:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

@Somertime wrote:

I adore Love with a Proper Stranger with Steve McQueen............they never show it or Bob, Carol, Ted and Alice and This Property Is Condemned.  I wonder why?  She made so many others and they seem to show the same ones over and over.

Sometimes there is difficulty getting the rights to a movie. I saw a lenghty inview one time. They were talking about all the years of work someone had to go through to get the rights to the movie "Call Me Madam'. It was after Irving Berling died and they had to get approval from the surviving family. I believe the person said it took over 10 years for them to get the rights to show the movie.

Also, when Walt Disney made the movie "Snow White" no financial institution would give him any money. So he used his own money and I believe his brother Roy's money and maybe another family member or two money.

When movies were released many years later to VHS or Beta, Eisner wanted to cash in. But the Walt Disney Company did not own the rights to Snow White. It was the Disney Family that owned the rights. So every decendant of the orinigal investors had to agree to signing over their rights. 

Honored Contributor

I should have seen this sooner and I would have recorded Rebel.   Believe it or not, I have never seen that one.

I adore Natalie Wood and my heart is still broken that she's gone.

I tuned in to be able to see the last half of Splendor and now Gypsy is on.  I didn't know that Ann Jillian is so talented!   I've always liked her, but I guess I hadn't known she was a singer and dancer, as well as an actor.

Valued Contributor

@ Somertime - Love With The Proper Stranger is my all-time favorite Natalie Wood movie.  I'd say it was probably shown at least once every couple of years.   Now, never. Wonder how they could have lost the rights to it.  The other two you mentioned have been on within the last few months.  Keep an eye out for them; bet they'll be shown again.

Honored Contributor

if you dont get TCM anymore (or other channels), try using the website ustvgo.net . you can live stream TCM and many other channels.

https://ustvgo.tv/tcm/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I should have seen this sooner and I would have recorded Rebel.   Believe it or not, I have never seen that one.

I adore Natalie Wood and my heart is still broken that she's gone.

I tuned in to be able to see the last half of Splendor and now Gypsy is on.  I didn't know that Ann Jillian is so talented!   I've always liked her, but I guess I hadn't known she was a singer and dancer, as well as an actor.

Ann Jillian was a popular child actress. She was a receptionist at the Baxter's Real Estate office on the TV show Hazel. She was also "Dainty June" (Natalie Wood's younger sister) in the movie Gypsy. She also appeared on Leave It To Beaver, Wagontrain, My Three Sons, Twilight Zone, Ben Casey and Magical World of Disney.