Respected Contributor

enough of maddie and scarlett, they are both beyond annoying. i like that juliette has softened and become human. all the characters have had their day and now, it's time to move on.

i think it's time for the show to end. the only way the end could be more tragic, is for her autopsy to show she was pregnant with deacon's son......

Super Contributor

I LOVED the show when it was on ABC but the writing seems totally different since it moved to CMT. I'm not enjoying it as much. I really don't see how this show will go on without Rayna. She was the central character. I'll be surprised if it gets picked up for another season. 

Valued Contributor

Connie was the heart and soul of that show, and it will now come to an end. It's gotten steadily worse, anyway, and so soapy maudlin that it is time for it to be over. I don't like any of the characters anymore.

Super Contributor

This season (for me) seems to be too much Maddie & Scarlett and not enough singing.  And now with Rayna gone I don't think I'm going to bother watching it anymore.  It has changed too much.

Honored Contributor

Take heart...it could all just have been a "dream" and like Bobby in "Dallas", she'll come walking out of the shower in the next episode (or several down the line), if she negotiates a new deal.  Woman Surprised

I'm still in two minds about the new season.  I agree with some posters that it just doesn't have the same feeling to it.  Is Buddy Miller even involved in producing it anymore?  I'll keep watching to the end though.

I did think this "ending" for Rayna was beyond predictable.

Honored Contributor

nashville.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@daisy4 wrote:

So disappointed in the show!  (Of course I cried like an idiot with this last episode.)  To me the main reason to watch this show was the love story between Deacon and Rayna.  Now that's gone!  Sure not interested in watching Teddy and Tandy pick at Rayna's kids and her estate!!!  Not sure I will keep watching.  Watching Daphne grieve just breaks my heart!!

i am just the opposite. i have never really been a big fan of rayna/deacon and have really missed the character of teddy in particular. i am hoping he is coming out of jail and wants custody of his daughters.

Sunshine, you may need a good silly slapping!😁🤓🙃

Have you seen  the previews? Teddy has been in prison, for embezzlement and consorting with hookers. And he's all self righteous and declaring, he should have the girls? 

The Man's just buried his wife, now you want to take the girl's too? If someone has had their heart ripped out, see if there isn't someway to make it worse😈Classy move, Ted!

Esteemed Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@daisy4 wrote:

So disappointed in the show!  (Of course I cried like an idiot with this last episode.)  To me the main reason to watch this show was the love story between Deacon and Rayna.  Now that's gone!  Sure not interested in watching Teddy and Tandy pick at Rayna's kids and her estate!!!  Not sure I will keep watching.  Watching Daphne grieve just breaks my heart!!

i am just the opposite. i have never really been a big fan of rayna/deacon and have really missed the character of teddy in particular. i am hoping he is coming out of jail and wants custody of his daughters.

Have you seen  the previews? Teddy has been in prison, for embezzlement and consorting with hookers. And he's all self righteous and declaring, he should have the girls? 

The Man's just buried his wife, now you want to take the girl's too? If someone has had their heart ripped out, see if there isn't someway to make it worse😈Classy move, Ted!

I don't know.  The one kid isn't even Deacon's so she should be with Teddy without any discussion.  As far as Maddie is concerned, shouldn't she be close to 18 and able to make her own decision soon anyway?  But overall, Deacon has shown himself to be the far less stable adult in any case, no question at all. 

And Scarlett is possibly the most annoying character on TV.

Honored Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@daisy4 wrote:

LOL @Suhse.....go ahead and do it...... Smiley LOLSmiley Wink

i dont find deacon to be any "better" than teddy. yes, teddy did embezzle. yes, he was consorting with a hooker, but he didnt know she was a hooker at the time it began. yes, he has served his time. dont forget about all of the bad things that deacon did over the course of story......and his history.

i would definitely like to see teddy back full time.......with a "two dad" scenario. he loves his children also and deserves a second chance......just like deacon! he actually had them for much longer than deacon did. neither of them are saints.

havent seen the new episode yet, so dont know what is happening now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

This week's episode was great, such a powerful, beautiful ending, had me crying all over again.