Honored Contributor

Re: My prediction on Jeopardy host

Unfortunate casting has ruined films for me. Films and series I would have otherwise enjoyed.

I would no longer watch Jeopardy if I found the host annoying. It would  be stressful rather than entertaining..

Esteemed Contributor

The host could be a robot,  a hologram,  any form of artificial intelligence and I'll watch.

The host has absolutely no impact on the program for me.

Valued Contributor

@masque wrote:

My vote for permanent host is Buzzy.

I'm thinking, though, that  they may move Ken into Mike Richard's spot, and then  Mike will be the new host. 

Looks like I may have gotten this part right... now to see if Ken will be the new executive producer.

Honored Contributor

Rotating hosts would be a disaster.  Everyone has a fave and by reading through this thread some will not watch if a particular person is hosting.

Choose one and be done, producers.

As much as Trebek was an icon for this game show (even though he stumbled in his early years with other shows and with early Jeopardy) I think it's time to pass the baton onto one person and let that person make his/her own legacy.

Trebek had class and was around forever, it seemed.  His hosting was important for the show for folks to tune in.

The comparisons to Trebek are from a different time; let whoever is chosen be given the same respect that was given to Trebek.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh