Super Contributor

Re: My new opinion on the reboot of Magnum.

I like it more with each episode.  New shows usually have weaker first episodes because they are introducing the characters and setting up the show.  A reboot has a more difficult time because it is being compared to the original and we all know how much people hate change.  I hope more people give it a chance.

Regular Contributor

Actually, I like the show.  Like Hawaii Five 0, it was strange at first to see the new characters, but they have brought their own spin to the show so I no longer compare the two.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Poor casting and the writing isn't all that either. The new Magum is room temperature, generic nice looking and would get lost in a group of young men in any gym or sports bar. The female is plain and formula, what passes for feisty, I guess. 

Respected Contributor

I set it to record and I watch it when there is nothing else on.  It is not bad or great.  It is just a run of the mill show about the usual crimes etc.  I think whether you like it or not would be how much you care for the characters. 

Honored Contributor

I just watched a short video. I found myself not comparing it. I thought, 'hmm.....pretty good new show.' I liked it except for the female Higgins. Nah, now you've got 007. Still, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Honored Contributor

None of the actors in the reboot have any charisma.