Respected Contributor

My new favorite commercial

[ Edited ]

At least new to me as I DVR and FF through them.

The Allstate "mayhem" cat commercial.

Normally hate that guy, but they really nailed this one.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: My new favorite commercial

I've been a fan of him ever since OZ.    For those who are unfamiliar, it was an HBO show a short while back but I think a lot of the people here would not like it.

I agree that his commercials are pretty good, too.   For insurance commercials, so many of them are just stupid.  But I also like the ones with - oh, now I forgot him but he was also in OZ and has shown himself to be an outstanding actor (bald guy).

Honored Contributor

I used to like him, not anymore.  The stolen car one got on my nerves with the whaaaat between the two of them and this one is annoying too.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

At least new to me as I DVR and FF through them.

The Allstate "mayhem" cat commercial.

Normally hate that guy, but they really nailed this one.

as a cat person , it's cute

Honored Contributor

I keep wantng to tweak it.  At the end when he swipes the items off the counter, it should be push, push, push, until they fall off.  Also, when he is riding the Roomba he shouldn't smile at his owner with the camera, but should just look straght ahead with a bored expression.  Either that, or he should leave the Roomba and head directly for the camera until he hits it. At least that's how my cats act.  The lapping the water is spot on.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I used to like him, not anymore.  The stolen car one got on my nerves with the whaaaat between the two of them and this one is annoying too.

I agree on the whaaaat, but I smile everytime I see him riding the Roomba.

(I still think DH bought a Roomba specifically so our cat would ride it.  No go, but Rocko WOULD turn it on and watch it - usually at 2:30 AM)  Cat LOL

Denise
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've been a fan of him ever since OZ.    For those who are unfamiliar, it was an HBO show a short while back but I think a lot of the people here would not like it.

I agree that his commercials are pretty good, too.   For insurance commercials, so many of them are just stupid.  But I also like the ones with - oh, now I forgot him but he was also in OZ and has shown himself to be an outstanding actor (bald guy).

J. K. Simmons?

Denise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

But I also like the ones with - oh, now I forgot him but he was also in OZ and has shown himself to be an outstanding actor (bald guy).

@chickenbutt 

Schillinger - J.K. Simmons.  He does the Farmers Ins commercials.

OZ put HBO on the map! 

A lot of unknown *male* actors at the time are now very famous & not for their acting skillz either.  Then again made famous by their acting skillz! Smiley Wink 

The 2 female OZ unknown actresses, one went on to become very well known.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

My current favorite is the one with pro baseball star Derek Jeter talking to a little girl about the bracelets she's making for a charitable cause.  She tells him when he asks that it has been her dream for 10 years.  

Derek says:  You're six years old and you've had this dream for 10 years?  That's good. That's someone who really knows what they want to do in life.

Derek's voice delivery is perfect, and the little girl is adorable.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I agree on the whaaaat, but I smile everytime I see him riding the Roomba.

(I still think DH bought a Roomba specifically so our cat would ride it.  No go, but Rocko WOULD turn it on and watch it - usually at 2:30 AM)  Cat LOL

@denisemb mine have accidentally turned mine on, but it scares them.  I quit using it, but then hubby got it out and started playing with it, but for some reason it can no longer find home, so once it starts it doesn't stop until the battery runs down.  It also tried to eat one of my plants that had vines laying on the floor.