Respected Contributor

My new favorite commercial - Capital One

Sam Jackson & John Travolta - along with a few "Pulp Fiction" references thrown in.  Woman LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tbx9HN3qk8

Denise
Valued Contributor

Re: My new favorite commercial - Capital One

[ Edited ]

i like the Kohl's commercial with young girl  "talking" to her neighbor.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Mine is the guy with the little kid who is trying to teach his aging father how to do a video call. :"Hold the phone like a mirror," and then you see father's mouth only. "Is that how you hold a mirror?" says exasperated son.  Cracks me up every time.  Don't even know what they are selling. 

Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb. I have been trying to figure out who is playing Mrs Claus, but I doubt it is someone "big" or we'd know.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

As sweet as the message is, I have tired of the Hobby Lobby commercial where the two older neighbors across the street have created and sent tree decorations to the younger singles'  mailboxes to bring them together.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know what product they are advertising, but there is a snowman in the front yard with a dog. The dog jumps up and pulls off the stick arm and the snowman starts screaming then falls to the ground.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the one the OP referred to.  I also like the Progressive insurance one where the guy walks by with blue hair, and someone says quietly, "We all see it."  It is the whole theme about not becoming your parents.  Those are very funny to me.  I love it when a commercial makes me laugh.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I just keep saying *Expired.  Expired.  Expired.*

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:

@denisemb. I have been trying to figure out who is playing Mrs Claus, but I doubt it is someone "big" or we'd know.

@MamaWick 

Something I read about this commercial said that 'Mrs. Claus' was not anyone from the movie, but it didn't say who she was.

But she looked familiar to me.

ETA:

I found this online on People's website:

"Mrs. Claus is not played by Uma in the commercial but instead was actress Dana Daurey."

Here's the thing, however, there are tons of Pulp Fiction easter eggs in the commercial. Travolta is clearly drinking a "5 dollar milkshake" in the ad. Sam is wearing a "Happy Holidays with Cheese" T-shirt, an allusion to the "Royale with Cheese" conversation their characters have in the car in the beginning of the movie.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom

I totally missed the $5 milkshake!  I just caught the "with cheese" T-shirt and the dance contest at the end...thanks!

Denise