Honored Contributor

I have a list of movies that I try to watch every holiday season, I never get tired of them.

1. Meet John Doe (1941) starring Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck.

2. The Bishop's Wife (1947) the original starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven.

3. Meet Me In St. Louis (1944) starring Judy Garland, Margaret O'Brien, Lucille Bremer, and Mary Astor.

4. It's A Wonderful Life (1946) starring James Stewart, Donna Reed, and Lionel Barrymore.

,5. Home Alone (1990) starring Maculay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern. and Catherine O'Hara.

6. Elf (2003) starring Will Ferrell, Zooey Deschanel, James Caan, and Mary Steenburgen.

7. Sleepless In Seattle (1993) starring Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Bill Pullman, Rita Wilson, and Rosie O'Donnell.

8. While You Were Sleeping (1995) starring Sandra Bullock, Bill Pullman, Peter Gallagher, and Peter Boyle.

9. Die Hard (1988) starring Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, and Bonnie Bedelia. There are debates about whether this is an action movie or a Christmas movie.

10. The Family Stone (2005) starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Dermot Mulroney, Rachel McAdams, Claire Danes, Diane Keaton, Craig T. Nelson, and Luke Wilson. This movie has become a cult classic to many critics. Now I know I must have seen this movie when it came out, I guess I didn't think much of it. Upon second look, I love this movie, an added plus they watch one of my favorite films, Meet Me In St. Louis! Now if you know about this movie, it is not your typical Christmas story. 

Feel free to tell us your favorites.

Respected Contributor

Re: My favorite Holiday Movies

The Lion in Winter

Respected Contributor

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!!  Favorite all-time movie!  I laugh just as much and just as hard every time I see it.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Desk Set,  Christmas in Connecticut, Bishop's Wife, Miracle on 34th St., White Christmas, Holiday Inn, EVERY version of Christmas Carol, my favorite the Alastair Sim version, all the Cartoons , Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Christmas Without a Santa Claus, Drummer Boy, Rodolph and many others, Holly and the Ivy, Polar Express, The Snowman and I start it all at Thanksgiving with March of the Wooden Soldiers!!!!!!

I saw the Family Stone once and didn't care for it.

Respected Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Desk Set,  Christmas in Connecticut, Bishop's Wife, Miracle on 34th St., White Christmas, Holiday Inn, EVERY version of Christmas Carol, my favorite the Alastair Sim version, all the Cartoons , Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Christmas Without a Santa Claus, Drummer Boy, Rodolph and many others, Holly and the Ivy, Polar Express, The Snowman and I start it all at Thanksgiving with March of the Wooden Soldiers!!!!!!

I saw the Family Stone once and didn't care for it.

Love Desk Set & White Christmas. Why aren't they on commercial channels this year? So boring! Everything is so boring: shopping, TV, nothing!!!!

Honored Contributor

A Christmas Carol (1951) the British version.  I believe that's the one that stars Alastair Sim.  It's in black & white.  It's the ONLY one I watch.

All the X-mas animated puppet movie voiced by Burl Ives.

That's it! wildsnowman.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  Hi, Jordan!  How are you and your family doing this holiday season?  Sending you hugs.

My favorite holiday movies are Christmas Vacation and The Holiday (with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet).  Not totally a Christmas movie, but a winter movie, New In Town with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr.  I've actually never seen It's A Wonderful Life, but I have it on my DVR from a couple weeks ago.  I'll get around to watching it soon. Fun thread!  Take good care of yourself.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Along with many of the ones you list @Jordan2 , I also watch Christmas Vacation, Home Alone 2, A Christmas Story, Jingle all the Way and the 3 iterations of The Grinch. (2 animated and the Jim Carrey one). 

Die Hard is definitely on my list as a Christmas/action movie, along with Invasion USA (Chuck Norris).

Enjoy your movies!

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Jordan2  Hi, Jordan!  How are you and your family doing this holiday season?  Sending you hugs.

My favorite holiday movies are Christmas Vacation and The Holiday (with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet).  Not totally a Christmas movie, but a winter movie, New In Town with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr.  I've actually never seen It's A Wonderful Life, but I have it on my DVR from a couple weeks ago.  I'll get around to watching it soon. Fun thread!  Take good care of yourself.

@Stargazer77 thank you so much for asking, I'm okay it's lonely without my mother. I hope you are well and am wishing you and yours a happy holiday season.

Super Contributor

We have a huge collection of Christmas movies which I feel compelled to watch every year.  We love A Christmas Carol, from Disney version, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Muppets, Patrick Stewart,etc.  The   Allistair Sim version was always my favorite but now I have added the 1937 Reginald Owen version to my fave list.