Super Contributor

Re: My big fat fabulous life

LOL@ @faeriemoon

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'm thinking of sending her a lint roller to get all the cat hair off the spandex work out clothes that she wears ALL THE TIME!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I like her; like the show too.

Honored Contributor

I keep those lint people in business.  I have two cats and one who likes to lay on my chest right under my double chin.  

Respected Contributor

@Bissell, Paula Deen is telling the truth We can have real sugar like anybody else: there are a number of diabetics who can't tolerate artificial sweeteners. 

There are limits for each of us, and responsible diabetics are always mindful of that: but she is like anybody else-we like our occasional treat.

...just a thought, but what appeared to be powdered sugar could have been a powdered sugar replacement.

I never lost one iota of respect for Paula Deen when it comes to a few things-and cooking and eating is one of them! I don't feel as if she ever lied.

I absolutely remember her talking about her use and love of butter a very long time before her diabetes made the news.

I remember her saying, "Y'all, I get a lot of email...about butter....and we don't eat this way every day.  I'd be bigger than what I am now if I did!"

I am a very well controlled diabetic-I have had a Middle Age Renaissance, and Paula Deen is an inspiration.  She looks fantastic-and still loves and shares her appreciation of food and is creative.

As a svelte lady who shed a lot of weight-and I feels great- and is Diabetic, I can tell you Paula Deen seems to be the one in control of her diabetes-and she knows that can change. She appears to be doing the work needed to maintain health!

IPS, I don't want to sound as if I'm preachy, but I am passionate about diabetes and helping others realize that life can be better.....

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

...ugh! @sissel, that post was meant for you!

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

I was really impressed with the sword belly dancing. Other than that it was a snooze. Mostly because Glen and Babs, the real stars of the show were not on much.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.