Honored Contributor

I used to and still always read the cast list of anything i watch. I thought it was kind of cool that Chip and Ernie were real life brothers. The boy who played Ernie appeared in some old episodes of Ozzie and Harriet and he was cute as a bug, only about 4 or 5 maybe.

Dodie was an obnoxious little brat and Barbara was a big bore!  Just my opinion!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I used to and still always read the cast list of anything i watch. I thought it was kind of cool that Chip and Ernie were real life brothers. The boy who played Ernie appeared in some old episodes of Ozzie and Harriet and he was cute as a bug, only ed vey quickly.

about 4 or 5 maybe.

Dodie was an obnoxious little brat and Barbara was a big bore!  Just my opinion!

It's one of my pet peeves that shows have the credits either cut off, or in tiny letters while some promo takes up the rest of the screen, or they are just scrolled too fast to read, sometimes all three @Love my grandkids 

It happens on cable or on streaming. I like to read the cast, too, and don't want to have to look it up every time.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Wow I just learned a little trivia tidbit I never knew (or possibly forgot).  It was bugging me who played Dodie (Dawn Lyn), and in looking that up I just saw her brother is Leif Garrett. 

Honored Contributor

Every so often Barry Livingston shows up on a current program, bald, but face looks exactly the same. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted to grow up to be Tina Cole.  hahaha. She was so pretty and cool (in my young girl opinion).  I just googled her.  At 78, she still looks pretty!

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I wanted to grow up to be Tina Cole.  hahaha. She was so pretty and cool (in my young girl opinion).  I just googled her.  At 78, she still looks pretty!

@Citrine1   I agree..... And she also reminds me of Arlene Golonka, who played Millie on The Andy Griffith Show and Mayberry RFD.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

Oh yeah @SloopJohnB.  I never made the connection before, but I can see it now!

Super Contributor

Enjoyed the episodes with William Frawley, could not stand "Uncle Charlie". Ernie was so obnoxious at the end of the series....and Dodie, oh lord, just why! 😂😂😂😂

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Decades is an over-the-air channel (2.6) here in Philadelphia, but it's also on Comcast (237 / 1185).

My Three Sons was a good show; I was always interested that Chip and Ernie were brothers in real life.  The show jumped the shark when Barbara and Dodie joined the cast; Barbara wasn't so bad but, unfortunately, Dodie came with her.

i guess I was to young to watch the ones with Mike and I watched a few last night and didn't think they were that good. Robbie was a real PITA. I came in when Ernie was on the show. I agree. The show jumped the shark when Barbara and that horrible Dodie came on. I always thought that a woman that age could not possibly have a kid so young when Steve's kids were all grown and married. I could not stand Dodie either.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Three Sons

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Decades is an over-the-air channel (2.6) here in Philadelphia, but it's also on Comcast (237 / 1185).

My Three Sons was a good show; I was always interested that Chip and Ernie were brothers in real life.  The show jumped the shark when Barbara and Dodie joined the cast; Barbara wasn't so bad but, unfortunately, Dodie came with her.

@ValuSkr 

I love the Decades TV Channel....

You are so right...My 3 Sons---the show's early days were the best....when Barbara, Dodie, and Katy Miller Douglas (Tina Cole) and all the kids it became UNWATCHABLE and jumped the shark! 🦈

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”