Trusted Contributor

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.

I think AT&T has the worst unimaginative commercials.  Think they are trying to come up with their version of Flo.

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Long ago, in the interest of saving time, I started recording everything I watch regularly so I could play back and FF through the commercials.  It allows me to watch a one hour show in about 43 minutes.   Very efficient ... and don't we all have better things to do with our time?   

I am still surprised that people continue to watch TV shows in real time and sit through all those agonizing commercials .... seems like torture to me.  JMO, of course.

Same.  If do watch somethingin real time, I hit pause when commercials start and walk away for a long time.  Then come back and pick up where I left off and zip through them.  :-)  I just don't have the patience to sit through them.

@RainyDayGal 

I recently read that the average American spends FOUR YEARS of their lives watching commercials.   

That seems to break down to about 15 minutes out of every hour. 

That's over an hour of commercials every day, and over 365+ hours every year.

Four years of commercials in the average lifetime ... 

Why would anyone waste that much time on people trying to sell you something?

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

For me, one that just creeps me out big time is the one with the guy who is half human and half motorcycle.

Just why???   

Oh for SURE!!!!!

Honored Contributor

How about the diarrhea songsters?  Egads.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@isaboo wrote:

I think AT&T has the worst unimaginative commercials.  Think they are trying to come up with their version of Flo.

@isaboo 

AT&T is in trouble....from what I read "Lilly" is making the big bucks (maybe they should look to retain business by focusing on customers instead) .....Meanwhile they have withdrawn the sponsorship of our NBA arena, and AT&T employees said they've laid off people and are cutting back on benefits too....And they no longer offer unlimited plans ....I have their mobile hotspot wifi and they guy at the AT&T store told me not to upgrade because l'd have to go on a limited data plan....Woman Frustrated  It looks like AT&T made a HUGE mistake purchasing Direct TV which hasnt been very successful for them!...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 

I make the rounds on the first Wednesday. First Fry's, then Albertson's or Safeway ad finally Bashas's.

Honored Contributor

Adding in to the "women poop" commercial to my list ..

I dont care if its a "normal body function" there's something called APPROPRIATENESS and seeing women sitting on toilets is not my definition of being in good taste for a commercial.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Folgers ad where they have a woman screaming not singing their Jingle that has been around for years. Why would they choose this big mouth that is not singing?!  She is suppose to be singing with a group and stands out like a sore thumb.  Bugs me as my beloved mother sang opera and I have sang in award winning chorus in school. Instant click or mute.  I have many and that is just one of them.

Contributor

The one with the guy who is half human and half motorcycle, Liberty mutual insurance ones are really stupid, drug ads with side effects of death & bodily function ones are the worst.

Esteemed Contributor

I dislike the Liberty Mutual commercial with the guy selling wet teddybears. It makes no sense. Other Liberty Mutual ones aren't too bad.

The Charmin commercials with the bears are stupid.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain