Respected Contributor

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.

@J Town Girl wrote:

There are so many bad commercials to choose from but the one in particular that just makes me hit the mute is the one for some credit card company that features Kevin Hart as the spokesperson.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear; we won't agree. The one where his neighbor asks him why he's yelling and he answers, "Because that's what I DO!"

For some reason, that one cracks me up. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I finally saw the one with Jimmie JJ Walker a couple of times.   He didn't look anything except 'got old' to me.   I thought he looked ok, just much older.   Smiley Happy

I don't even remember what the commercial was for, so it didn't really make an impression, but then there are sooooo many commercials that try so hard to entertain that they don't make a point.  I don't know how that pays the bills, but then I'm not in advertising, so what do I know!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out the website Commercials I Hate (all one word).

Some risque comments, but they hit all the highlights!!!

Try the sub heading "Television/Streaming Ads" for the most popular of the hated ads!

Esteemed Contributor

Another distasteful ad is the Perdue Chicken one where people are standing at a booth and they are showing jars of "chicken parts" and blood and say it is what many chickens are fed.   Then they say "go visit the Perdue booth".

They could have found a better way..........

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

There's a local used car dealer here in Tucson who constantly runs the most annoying schlocky TV commercials.  His tag line is that he's "A dealer FOR the people" & his voice & delivery drives me right up a wall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdlKIiVHNsQ

Trusted Contributor

I now "hate" the fabric softener Teddy Bear with the HIGH pitched voice doing the Twin Peaks dance with the housewife and all the flowers.

Where's the remote, quick..........

Respected Contributor

• Omg. I soooooo hate this commercial. I'm surprised it took 4 pages for someone to write it. Its one of the dumbest commerce I have ever seen.
Contributor

Worst commercial for me is the Folgers coffee Xmas ad where the daughter-in-law walks in on her father-in-law in the shower....I even wrote to Folgers regarding this ad.  It is so inappropriate especially during the holidays or anytime for that matter.  

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:
  • Omg. I soooooo hate this commercial. I'm surprised it took 4 pages for someone to write it. Its one of the dumbest commerce I have ever seen.

which one?

Respected Contributor

For some reason, the Lisa Loeb one makes me laugh.  Well, for now. 

I am, however, over the multiple insurance commercials and the incessent prescription drug commercials.

And, don't get me started on Joe Namath.  Please.. 

I hate the bratty kids commercials - eat your food.  No, I'll just sit here all night.   Aww, don't do that - I will make you something you like better.   

My answer, okay, just put your head on the table and go to sleep when you get tired. See you in the morning.  Smiley Very Happy