Honored Contributor

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.

You reminded me of how I simply cannot watch the ones with the poor animals who have been maltreated.    I have to get out of that super fast or I end up in a bad way.  It's just way too much for somebody like me who is extremely sensitive to things about animals and bad things happening to animals.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

The smoke detector ads that screech bother my dog's ears and I try to mute those along with the door bell ones if I can. Agreed.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

The smoke detector ads that screech bother my dog's ears and I try to mute those along with the door bell ones if I can. Agreed.

Oh my goodness.  I'm so glad I haven't seen those!   I cannot stand the sound of the smoke detector going off.  I always (kind of) joke that I'd rather burn up than have to hear that.

I would imagine the dog doesn't like it either.   The bird, thank goodness, hasn't taken to memorizing and duplicating that particular sound!  

With the house alarm, it's the same thing.  That sound makes me want to shove a pencil through my head to make it stop.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Gorgf wrote:

Oh my goodness.  I'm so glad I haven't seen those!   I cannot stand the sound of the smoke detector going off.  I always (kind of) joke that I'd rather burn up than have to hear that.

I would imagine the dog doesn't like it either.   The bird, thank goodness, hasn't taken to memorizing and duplicating that particular sound!  

With the house alarm, it's the same thing.  That sound makes me want to shove a pencil through my head to make it stop.

@chickenbutt @Gorgf 

And also Leah and Saturday AM Style dont get me wrong, Leah is a favorite host of mine but I HATE that AM ALARM thing she does on the show...the noise is so ANNOYING! Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I am the same way and it makes me tear up every single time. And the ones with the people living in shacks and hungry I can not bear to think this world has these things happening. I am super sensitive about things too. 

Valued Contributor

Any and all of the Poise products...

*Mike Drop*

Regular Contributor

I think all commericals are awful but how about

Peletron...exercise machines

Charnin toilet paper with the bears

In Wisconsin we have a lawyer whose tageline in his commericals are

ONE CALL THAT"S ALL!!

They are on every chanel, day and night for way to many years, lol!!

The best

Subaru..."The Barkly Famiy"

Those dogs are so cute!

Honored Contributor

Anything to do with a toilet.  Sitting on one, discussing #2, flushing a toilet, toilet paper sticking to one's foot, etc.  I change the channel so fast, it's a wonder I don't break the TV

Trusted Contributor

Liberty Mutual's wet teddy bears for sale. Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Add to the list all the Jergen ads with the mother and daughter  (tan lines).

All the weight loss ads.....no magic pill people!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!