Honored Contributor

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.

[ Edited ]

As far as skipping commercials---Sports fan here, and I want to watch LIVE Sports and I prefer live programming as a whole........With the DVRs of YouTube TV and Hulu with Live TV you have to pay extra to be able to skip commercials in DVR recordings. Some streaming services that offer regional sports networks also require a subscription tier that isn’t cheap......I already pay a lot for my entertainment and dont want to waste even more money which I can find better uses for...It's a choice of which one prefers saving time skipping commercials or saving money....I prefer the money route....Besides looking at the positive side of commercials --sometimes when I watch a movie on commercial free TCM I miss the commercials LOL...when a commercial comes on it gives me time to fix a snack, go to the bathroom, or read a text or email --- doesnt mean that if someone hates commercials they cant use the commercial time for something constructive....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I recently read that the average American spends FOUR YEARS of their lives watching commercials.   

That seems to break down to about 15 minutes out of every hour. 

That's over an hour of commercials every day, and over 365+ hours every year.

Four years of commercials in the average lifetime ... 

Why would anyone waste that much time on people trying to sell you something?

Uh oh, and add to that the time I spend here during the week.  Between this and commercials, I'm wasting my life away!

Esteemed Contributor

Loan Depot ads.  The spokespeople look like they either just got done crying or are about to.

Wet teddy bears, get your wet teddy bears!

Anything EMU.......if it is real.....poor thing......and Doug.

Folger singer/screamer.  YIKES!

Kraft kids - if I would have ever talked back like that OR my kids.....just saying.  

Love the hood ornament/convertible ad.....boom, boom, boom, oh, there's a lot of opportunity.......Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I dislike the Liberty Mutual commercial with the guy selling wet teddybears. It makes no sense. Other Liberty Mutual ones aren't too bad.

The Charmin commercials with the bears are stupid.

Oh, I agree "wet Teddy Bears"  what are they thinking?  

Honored Contributor

Don't know if this was mentioned, but I'm tired of seeing the if you snub a newborn commercial. It comes on here constantly.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

For me, one that just creeps me out big time is the one with the guy who is half human and half motorcycle.

Just why???   

These commercials, and they keep adding new versions, are so disturbing. There are real human beings who have lost parts of their bodies. Yes, put them in commercials if they wish that, but this phony junk is distasteful and disrespectful.

Honored Contributor

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F94DBBJjzko

I hate the Kars For Kids commercials....any and all of them. Just obnoxious children used in these ads.4E2340AD-FE77-4448-8A8C-D47ABC619672.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree   She is Diana Ross's daughter. 

Trusted Contributor

Those dental commercials where they show a person's rotten teeth before and after, they seem to show these while I am fixing dinner or eating, Ugh! quick channel changer!

Esteemed Contributor

I can't change the channel soon enough when they show children and babies in terrible conditions in need of healthcare and nutritional food.  Also, starving dogs chained to a tree with their ribs showing.

I suppose it plays on people's sympathies, but I can't sit through them.  I only hope they are legitimate.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!