Respected Contributor

Is anyone else distracted and bothered by the tattoos that the host of the program David displayes?   Why doesnt Great American Country demand he use "derma blend" on the tattoos to cover them up?  Ive never had a realtor present that way before and frankly I wouldnt hire someone with a prominent neck tattoo.  Such a shame they continue with this host because the concept of the show is appealing. I wisb they would use David Visentin on the show. He is always well groomed in a sports coat.

Respected Contributor

@Reever  I had to read your past a second time to make sure I understood what you said. I’m 73 and I have a tattoo on my forearm. So no it’s not a problem for me. Some of the nicest people I know have tattoos. You can’t judge a book by the cover.

Honored Contributor

No, tattoos do not bother me. I know many people with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Lottery Dream Home

[ Edited ]

I like the show and I enjoy David. He does a great job.

Don't watch it if the tattoos bother you.

By the way, you have written about this several times before.

Last time you wanted Joanna Gaines to be the new host.

Search this show name and see all the previous complaints

by OP.

Super Contributor

I like the show and David is great. I don't have tattoos but  There  is nothing wrong with tattoos.  Just because a person has tattoos it doesn't make them less worthy of being on a television show or doing anything they want.  We can't judge people on how they look or dress. Some of the nastiest people are the people who look perfect.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know this Daniel, but years ago, tattoos were associated with gangs, bikers such as Hell's Angels...today the drug cartel, MS-13, members are covered, even their faces and tops of their heads. 

Criminals of all types often get tattoos in prison thinking it makes them look dangerous.  That stereotype carried forward that anyone with a tattoo is associated with criminal behavior.

Today, of course, some true, some not, but I must admit when I see conspicuous tattoos I think of criminal behavior even though I know it might not be true.  Sometimes it's difficult overcoming early conditioning, but I still see criminals wearing tattoos.

Of course, everyone is free to get them or not.  Those that do needn't be offended with what I think.  It's MY opinion, that's all.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I don't know this Daniel, but years ago, tattoos were associated with gangs, bikers such as Hell's Angels...today the drug cartel, MS-13, members are covered, even their faces and tops of their heads. 

Criminals of all types often get tattoos in prison thinking it makes them look dangerous.  That stereotype carried forward that anyone with a tattoo is associated with criminal behavior.

Today, of course, some true, some not, but I must admit when I see conspicuous tattoos I think of criminal behavior even though I know it might not be true.  Sometimes it's difficult overcoming early conditioning, but I still see criminals wearing tattoos.

Of course, everyone is free to get them or not.  Those that do needn't be offended with what I think.  It's MY opinion, that's all.  

@Foxxee  Exactly. Everyone is free to have their own opinion. The tattoos I see are usually something associated with family or hobbies. Many who have lost loved ones have a tattoo to commemorate. That is what I mostly see.

I don’t know any criminals or Hell’s Angels etc. so I have never seen theirs. Also, please don’t be offended by my post and differing opinion. 

Honored Contributor

Re: My Lottery Dream Home

[ Edited ]

Surprise, one more thing Reever doesn't like LOL.

I LOVE the show and David!! If he annoys you, feel free not to watch him! I think he's a lot of fun and his ink bothers me not one bit!

Esteemed Contributor

I can't get upset about tattoos on people I don't even know. My son has a few tats. He didn't ask me before he got them. I would have discouraged him. But his choices. His body. I'm going to worry about real things. And hopefully not too much worry.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I like the show and love the host. He is so personable and friendly, such a likeable person.....His tattoos, his body.......