Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Is anyone else distracted and bothered by the tattoos that the host of the program David displayes?   Why doesnt Great American Country demand he use "derma blend" on the tattoos to cover them up?  Ive never had a realtor present that way before and frankly I wouldnt hire someone with a prominent neck tattoo.  Such a shame they continue with this host because the concept of the show is appealing. I wisb they would use David Visentin on the show. He is always well groomed in a sports coat.

@Reever 

i have no idea who David Visentin is, but you clearly are stuck with an old mindset, so why are you still watching the show and being annoyed?

Personally, I'm not crazy about tattoos and would never get one.  IMO, they are like grafitti on the body.  Nevertheless, I am more bothered by some of David's random wardrobe choices than his having tats.

@Tinkrbl44, David Visentin is/was on Love It or List It on HGTV.  He is a realtor who tries to find another home for the couple while Hillary Farr (sp?) is having their home redone with updates.  At the end of the show, the couple have to decide whether they are going to "Love it or List it", hence the name.

As far as David's wardrobe, he said he loves to wear unique clothing and likes the flamboyancy of it. 

As I said in an earlier post, I think he's the perfect person for the show and he does a good job in helping the couples find a home.

Honored Contributor

David is from Orlando, which could explain Mickey Mouse.

He did a few "behind the scenes" shows, while on the set of MLDH.

He said that each tattoo is meaningful to him.

I don't care for it personally, but I've lived  long enough to try not judge people on first impressions.  At least when it comes to the outer trappings (clothing, car, house)

I do love that the winners are all somewhat modest.

@sunala wrote:

I saw him a couple of times on the show, and now in this photo. I have to say that the tattoos are distracting to me because there are so many of them, but they don't remind me of a motorcycle gang member or an ex-con. He's got Mickey Mouse on his arm, for heaven's sake!

I thought the program was fun, and the lottery winners weren't looking for a billion dollar house. They were laid back seniors, and just wanted a little beach house for them and their grandchildren. 

Regular Contributor

I enjoy David’s personality and the show.

I have never liked tattoos. Just my personal taste. I know that they are extremely popular these days though.

Btw, new episodes start tomorrow, Nov 15th. I’m looking forward to that. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Lottery Dream Home

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

David is from Orlando, which could explain Mickey Mouse.

He did a few "behind the scenes" shows, while on the set of MLDH.

He said that each tattoo is meaningful to him.

I don't care for it personally, but I've lived  long enough to try not judge people on first impressions.  At least when it comes to the outer trappings (clothing, car, house)

I do love that the winners are all somewhat modest.

@sunala wrote:

I saw him a couple of times on the show, and now in this photo. I have to say that the tattoos are distracting to me because there are so many of them, but they don't remind me of a motorcycle gang member or an ex-con. He's got Mickey Mouse on his arm, for heaven's sake!

I thought the program was fun, and the lottery winners weren't looking for a billion dollar house. They were laid back seniors, and just wanted a little beach house for them and their grandchildren. 

David once worked for Disney after he got out of art school. Perhaps that's why he likes Mickey. I've met David at a promotional he did for Eco Paiint. He is charming and handsome and very talented. He answered all kinds of design questions and then did a painting on stage. It was given away to the winning ticket He stayed and did a meet and greet afterward. I think he does a great job on the Lottery show, but his talents are underused. I wish they would bring back his design show called Color Splash. He lives in South Beach, but grew up in Minnesota. Now he travels all the time for HGTV.

Respected Contributor

Don't judge a book by it's cover. I like him and he does try to keep the lottery winners in their budget when buying a house. I like at the end when there are 3 houses to choose and which one will they buy, I most of the time pick the house they will buy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@likeitis wrote:

I enjoy David’s personality and the show.

I have never liked tattoos. Just my personal taste. I know that they are extremely popular these days though.

Btw, new episodes start tomorrow, Nov 15th. I’m looking forward to that. 

@likeitis  Thanks for letting me know about the new episodes starting tonight.

Every Friday I tune in only to see repeat after repeat. Lottery Dream Home is

the only show I watch on HGTV. Can't wait to finally see the new shows!

Respected Contributor

I'm a little turned off by the daughters in Pitbulls and Parolees.  They have tatoos and piercings almost everywhere on their bodies!!  But, I'm sure neither the pit bulls or the parolees are bothered by them!  

Trusted Contributor

My life is really boring now,  but it made my day to watch David and Gail zoom on the HGTV Lottery Dream Home show tonight,

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 

I didn't know who the 'David' being refered to was either.   I cannot stand watching that man, that woman or that show , so I don't.   He is the most annoying, silly man on TV, IMO.

As for the David in the original post, I don't have tattoos, I don't' care for them but if others want to get one or some, I'm fine with that.  Their skin, their life.

Having said that, I do find his tattoos distracting but i don't watch the show very often, so no big deal.  I think he is probably and sweet man but there is just something about the show that I don't like.   I think it seems 'forced' to me.   Of the few I've seen, the dialogue is somewhat stilted and everyone seems uncomfortable.   

Respected Contributor

He is 46yrs old and looks great. I thought he was in his 30's. I like him and love the show too.