Honored Contributor

I just read a tweet from Mo Rocca saying that , this show is not being renewed. I think it is a shame, because the show highlighted older people and their contributions to the family and society. I will also miss mo, he had such a sweet way with the grandparents, mixed with humor. Any other fans out there ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Re: My Grandmother's Ravioli

I love this show. That is too bad it will not be renewed. Mo Rooca was so great with the grandma's. 

The show would always bring back memories of going to my grandma's house every Sunday for dinner. She made her own ravioli each Sunday. 

Honored Contributor

I am another fan of this show. Love the concept and love Mo. Sorry to hear this.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I hate to hear this! I really liked that show a lot. I really love watching tv that shows a generation or even 2 ahead of me. I don't know what it is about it (besides being interesting to see how they did things or what was popular then) and this is going to sound strange but it comforts me and calms me down. Like if I had a hectic day watching shows like that really let me take a deep breath out and just let the craziness of the day go. It is like a healthier and safer version of xanax or valium! lol!

I couldn't agree with you more, Mo did have a really sweet (and kind of sassy) way of interacting with them. 

Darn it! I am really disappointed! Of course they won't cancel Cupcakes Wars, Donut Wars, Guys Grocery Games. I am so sick of those competition cooking shows. I just do not see how those shows have enough viewers to stay on the air but a good show like this one doesn't. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Contributor

Heartbreaking!  Such a charming show!  The innuendo and humor keep me smiling and chuckling the entire show.  I love the various cultures and family traditions represented.  This is a unique, entertaining show in a sea of so many of the same thing.  Too bad.  I'm seriously bummed.  First Cedar Cove, now this.  I might have to sell my TV. 

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just read a tweet from Mo Rocca saying that , this show is not being renewed. I think it is a shame, because the show highlighted older people and their contributions to the family and society. I will also miss mo, he had such a sweet way with the grandparents, mixed with humor. Any other fans out there ??

@QVCkitty1 I am a fan of the show.  I loved that Mo cooked with Grandmas AND Grandpas!    Did you (or anyone reading this) see the episode where he went to the liquor store with a car full of Grannies? so funny.  He mixed the right amount of humor and respect with his cooking guests -- and from all different cultures.  Loved the dancing and then at the end we usually meet the extended family.  It is an excellent show!  So sad it's not being renewed.

Frequent Contributor

Awwwwwww..... I am so sad that My Grandmother's Ravioli is not continuing...

Way better than most of the c*ap that pass for "good" TV nowadays.

Mo Rocca is the perfect host.  With him the show is sweet, nostalgic, humorous, and full of love and respect.  The show wasn't all about Mo, he being the usual target of the guest.  Mo would let the Grandma/pa shine. Some guests were warm & fuzzy like a hug and others were spicy & sassy, just like real Grandparents.  I liked the honesty of this show, and appetizing or not, their dishes were always interesting.  Viewers learned about culture, a life story, interactions between generations, as well as a few recipes.

It's too bad that the money hungry powers that be (if that is the case) won't see the overwhelming value of this true gem.

Honored Contributor

I'l like to know who watches all these cooking contests, cupcake shows, worst cooks shows, Guy Fieri nonsense shows, etc.  It seems Food Network will slowly transition over to this kind of programming entirely, and if you actually have any interest in cooking, you'll have to go to the Cooking Channel.