Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Daughter Is Looking for Good Movies for Her 10 and 13 Year Olds

Also the Brendan Frazier Mummy movies are fun. As is Nick Cages's National Treasure movies.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How to Train Your Dragon.

ETA The Lord of The Rings  trilogy.  (extended editions if you can find them)  and WATCH THE EXTRAS!!!

Esteemed Contributor

After my parents having 7 grandsons and no girls boys are my jam. So I will add in Ben Stiller's 2 Nights at the Museum.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Jennifer Garner "13 going on 30" I think it's called.

I think they'd really like that because she's 13.  They could relate to that because I think we all remember when older was always better...that's before we 'wised up'.  Ha!

Also, regarding Tom Hanks, don't forget the very funny movie from 1989 called "Big".

This is the one where he famously played the piano in the store by jumping on the floor.  That's a really good movie.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got any puzzles, and word finds, books to read???? Card games?  

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Got any puzzles, and word finds, books to read???? Card games?  

@qualitygal Yes, they are big readers and game players! They especially like Monopoly and a few European games that involve 3-D which I don't quite understand.  My DD is trying to set up a varied day for them. She is limiting them to one movie per day, so the kind of movie is important. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I have passed all along to my DD, and she is thankful. Let's hope she doesn't have to run through the entire list before school starts again; but, these are still great suggestions for future rain and snow days.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

I have another suggestion.  I just saw this one and it sort of put our current crisis into perspective.

image.png

The young boys in the film are impressive.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A movie I saw recently and LOVED is "Secondhand Lions" and is rated PG.  I'm 66 and recommend it for adults. too!

"A coming-of-age story about a shy, young boy sent by his irresponsible mother to spend the summer with his wealthy, eccentric uncles in Texas"

2003 - stars Robert Duvall, Michael Caine, Hailey Joel Osment.

Denise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom - A little over 10 years ago DS was watching Twister (I would not let him watch it at his age, but our MINISTER gave it to him since he liked it so much! It is his favorite to this day because of that), the original Poseidon Adventure, The Towering InfernoPlanet of the Apes, The Day After Tomorrow (another favorite), and National Treasure - to name a few. One of his new favorites is Interstellar. He was always into disaster-type and science movies. Smiley Happy