Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Daughter Is Looking for Good Movies for Her 10 and 13 Year Olds

@Annabellethecat66  Our family loves Tom Hanks, and especially "The Burbs" I think my DD will include them. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

How about some blasts from the past:

ET

Field Of Dreams

Back To The Future

Ferris Buehler's  Day Off

My children enjoyed them as well as the grandchildren...classics.

I have a soft spot for Field of Dreams I remember when I saw it in the theater.  As we were leaving, there was a middle-aged man slumped over the concession counter, sobbing.

I do the same thing every time I see it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee  Road To Perdition might require some parental review, but I understand the theme. They have very tender hearts, however.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@just bee  Road To Perdition might require some parental review, but I understand the theme. They have very tender hearts, however.

@PA Mom-mom 

That's why I hesitated.  But it sure makes an impression, doesn't it?  

Tender hearts?  Then definitely Babe!  Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

My DD is dealing with her boys being out of school for the forseeable future. They are already doing homework, piano practice and farm chores. They are also viewing the virtural presentations from art museums and zoos. And they are really into board games. But there is still time to fill, so she would like suggestions for movies. Here's her request: "Must see movies for 10-13 year olds, please! Informative, adventure, classics, comedies, whatever! PG-13 suggestions are fine, we'll just research it. Thanks in advance!"

Well this one is an oldie "Pollyana" the original with Haley Mills.  I remember always enjoying it.  

Esteemed Contributor

My boys liked Sandlot, Goonies, Small Soldiers, Gremlins, Star Wars, Leave It To Beaver remake, Good Burger, Cars, JTT I'l Be Home For Christmas, CoCo, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Gostbusters 1&2, Gnomes, Goofy Movie, Peanuts Movie, Planet of the Apes, Poseidon & Poseidon Adventure, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ratatouille, Man of the House,Meatballs, Mighty Ducks, Million Dollar Ducks, Esacape to Witch Mountain, Finding Nemo, Finding Dorie, First Kid, Freaky Friday, Guardians of the Galaxy, George of the Jungle, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Dennis the Menance, Jungle to Jungle, Increadibles 1&2, Rush Hour, Top Gun , 1990's Tom & Huck, Johnny Tremain, Up, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Both,  Lt. Robinson Crusoe USN, Kurt Russel Old Disney, Johnny Quest, Navy Seal. Swiss Family Robinson, Nutty Professor Eddy Murphy, My boys watched the gammet. The Disney has a million alone to watch.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

The series Love Comes Softly is  beautiful.  It was on TV.  My favorite episode is the first one.. there is a continuation of sagas that followed the first one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew Wow! lots to disect there! Thanks so much!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The series Love Comes Softly is  beautiful.  It was on TV.  My favorite episode is the first one.. there is a continuation of sagas that followed the first one.

@SeaMaiden  I don't know that series . Will definitely check it out.

Super Contributor

How about the Harry Potter movies