Honored Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding fans

[ Edited ]

I saw Constantine in a literally 50-yr-old The Fugitive show over the weekend (it was from 1966) and he even looked old then!   Obviously he was a young man in the show but he still looked middle-aged (heavyset & balding even back then, craggy face).   I kept thinking to myself about this film and thinking "wow - that guy is still acting, fifty years later! He's in a film that opened this weekend."   

Pretty much everyone else in the show was long-ago deceased.

It certainly doesn't surprise me that the theaters were packed the opening weekend for the sequel.  The first film is loved by many and the sequel was long-anticipated.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I saw Constantine in a literally 50-yr-old The Fugitive show over the weekend (it was from 1966) and he even looked old then!   Obviously he was a young man in the show but he still looked middle-aged (heavyset & balding even back then, craggy face).   I kept thinking to myself about this film and thinking "wow - that guy is still acting, fifty years later! He's in a film that opened this weekend."   

It certainly doesn't surprise me that the theaters were packed the opening weekend for the sequel.  The first film is loved by many and the sequel was long-anticipated.  

He starred in the TV series Room 222 in the late 60's, early 70's as a high school principal.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

He starred in the TV series Room 222 in the late 60's, early 70's as a high school principal.

@Shelbelle  I know.  He was in a bazillion TV shows back then.  I just mentioned The Fugitive because I was watching it over the weekend.  Decades TV had a Fugitive binge weekend so I saw a few of them.  It's hard to believe that was on half a century ago.  Actually I saw Constantine in a couple of the episodes.  Ed Asner too!  I didn't even recognize him with dark hair and dark eyebrows.

Respected Contributor

I saw it this morning with a friend.  We both gave it thumbs down.  Save your money and see it at home.

Respected Contributor

I hope that the critics that panned it found some entertainment that made them feel as good as I did while watching this ! DH and company loved it also and laughed out loud. Post movie looking at critique I kind of wondered what was watched. We watched in a theater with many screens where people say at times some movies have very few in the audience , this showing was more than half filled. When leaving I noticed many smiles and heard laughter while watching.

Yes the plot wasn't earth shattering (Laura and Rob found out their marriage wasn't legal also ...) I only noticed the Windex thing 1 or 2 xs , but if I were writing the sequel I would think it would have been ridiculous to not mention it. The cast ,writing, and family feel was entertainment IMO. A family that loved one another , cared about the others life choices , and for all generations---what an unusual plot anymore.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay   As I posted above, I would expect the theaters to be crowded, esp. opening weekend, because the first movie was so well loved that I'm sure tons of people are eager to see the sequel.  I don't think a filled theater - of eagerly anticipating fans - is an indication of whether the film is actually good or not.  Just that a lot of people loved the first one and would like to see an equally-good second one.

I saw on HBO last night a "first look" at the filming of MBFGW 2, with interviews, etc.

I was shocked at how much thinnger Nia looks now (her face was almost gaunt).  From the few scenes I saw with Lainie Kazan, it appeared to me as if she had some "work done" or something done to her face.  For those of you who saw the film, did you think so?  Lainei's face looked quite different to me (and also as if she had put on weight).

Respected Contributor

Many tmes sequels are never as good as the original movie.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle@Pearlee

I wish I would have seen this before I made myself go and catch the matinee last Saturday with the masses of people that came out to see Batman Vs. Superman. I also thought that it was about the daughter getting married not the parents. 

I loved the first one, but I just thought that this one was cute. I could have waited for Net-Flix.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@okaywitheasypay   As I posted above, I would expect the theaters to be crowded, esp. opening weekend, because the first movie was so well loved that I'm sure tons of people are eager to see the sequel.  I don't think a filled theater - of eagerly anticipating fans - is an indication of whether the film is actually good or not.  Just that a lot of people loved the first one and would like to see an equally-good second one.

I saw on HBO last night a "first look" at the filming of MBFGW 2, with interviews, etc.

I was shocked at how much thinnger Nia looks now (her face was almost gaunt).  From the few scenes I saw with Lainie Kazan, it appeared to me as if she had some "work done" or something done to her face.  For those of you who saw the film, did you think so?  Lainei's face looked quite different to me (and also as if she had put on weight).

My sis commented to me after seeing the movie promos that Lainie 's face has reallychanged, she remembered how she looked in The Nanny.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle  I know.  He was in a bazillion TV shows back then.  I just mentioned The Fugitive because I was watching it over the weekend.  Decades TV had a Fugitive binge weekend so I saw a few of them.  It's hard to believe that was on half a century ago.  Actually I saw Constantine in a couple of the episodes.  Ed Asner too!  I didn't even recognize him with dark hair and dark eyebrows.

I always check to see what is airing on The Decades Binge too, I saw a few of The Fugitives this weekend too, wonder if they showed the final episode where the one armed man was caught.