Honored Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I really just tune in for Glen and Babs and now Henchie. The rest is just filler. That dirty foot rubbing bedspread stain scene was gold. Nauseating but reality tv gold.

Out of all of her friends why is Buddy the one she chooses to hang out with?  Tal and any of her girl friends would be more interesting to watch.  I enjoy her parents too.

Honored Contributor

I can't help but wonder that by Whitney lifting those heavy weights she isn't putting yet more strain on her heart, it is already causing back pain.

There was a shot of her last night peeking into the competition area when she first arrived and the look on her face was so cute, just like a little girl.

Her boyfriend seems nice, but all that hair, head and face, turns me off.  Next week looks interesting, showing her business partner kissing Heather, lol.  She is a pretty girl, but I think she is still stuck on Buddy, though she says she isn't, she gets jealous, so she still cares.  Maybe there is more to Buddy that we see, anything is possible.

Honored Contributor

Watching last nights show and wow is it a train wreck in so many areas. 

I do not support Whitney at all bt then again the girl seems to have no filter or shame. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The show has become so boring. I read on soap dirt that Whitney is no longer wearing her engagement ring. I wish Buddy wasn't on the show. He just wants to sponge off of Whitney IMO. Her saying we're in this for life. So sorry but sometimes that should not happen.

Respected Contributor

Are these people in 4th grade?????  Who introduces someone as their "boyfriend" after one date???  This is too staged....I can't believe any of this is real. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was bored. Read while the show was on.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I watched the show all last season and began watching it again last week.  There are a few things that I just don't understand.

First of all, what on Earth does any woman see in Buddy? He seems like a lazy, careless slob.  I sympathize with his substance abuse issues and I wish him well, but it seems that he has traded his dependency on substances for a dependency on Whitney.  I wouldn't be at all suprised if she lets him move to Charlotte with her, because he creates drama, and that makes for compelling t.v. If she were simply a young woman going to work every day, with normal friends, she would not be getting paid to create a reality show.

There are times when Whitney looks very attractive, despite her size, but there is no reason for her to parade around town scantily dressed. I would say the same for a slender woman. I just think women are more attractive when they leave much to the imagination.  Her mom is a funny lady and an asset to the show, but I know that my own mom would have refused to be seen in public with me if I dressed that way.

If someone here can explain why she is so overweight, I would really like to understand. Does she have a medical condition that prevents her from losing weight? She doesn't seem to eat a lot and gets a good deal of exercise. Something doesn't make sense to me.

In any case, she's an intelligent woman and she needs to find a man who treats her with respect. Perhaps she should use her intelligence to get a mainstream job where she can meet normal men who might recognize her worth. We all know that "we are the company we keep". She seems to go out of her way to keep company with a bunch of kooks.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  She claims to have polycystic ovary disorder and an eating disorder. The ovary disorder would not cause her to gain hundreds of pounds though. It doesn't make sense to me either.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch this one, but looked in on the Sisters one that was mentioned here and what the heck!  The first thing that came to mind (honestly, I'm not even kidding) was inbreeding.

As for this show, like others here, I really don't like the promoting and glorifying of morbid obesity and am surprised that this show has lasted as long as it has.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't watch this one, but looked in on the Sisters one that was mentioned here and what the heck!  The first thing that came to mind (honestly, I'm not even kidding) was inbreeding.

As for this show, like others here, I really don't like the promoting and glorifying of morbid obesity and am surprised that this show has lasted as long as it has.

@chickenbutt  Are you talking about the twin sisters? I have a difficult time watching that show. I've never watched an entire episode and when it comes on I can't turn it off fast enough. I find many things about them disturbing. The way they act is very "off" for lack of a better word.