Honored Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life

@mousiegirl 

I lasted about 20 minutes "listening" to My Big Fat Fabulous Life -- I was cleaning....

and less when the next show "Hot & Heavy" started...the first couple with him doing her waxing🤮🤮🤮🤮....

switched to late night Family Fued and that was no better🤷‍♀️

So tv off and read my book!!!

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I don't always watch, but when I do the show seems so staged now. Why did last night's episode last 2 hours? That's far too long. As for Whitney telling her new boyfriend about kissing Buddy...why? I guess she needed him to believe another man would kiss her? I don't know....her entire living situation is strange as well. From who she has living with her to her wanting to move to a new town. I guess they're hard up for new material so they're changing the storyline. I wonder if it will her running back and forth between the two towns now or about Whitney and a new group of people.

@colliemom4   The first hour was a rerun of last weeks, I believe. Last night, Whitney said her feet were dirty, so Buddy slathers on some lotion on her feet and massages her feet/foot, how gross was that!  I changed the channel during this nonsense.

After she described all that is wrong with Henchie, and given his old age, I think I might have taken a different route, but if he isn't suffering,  no one knows that, though I would assume he is, his face doesn't look happy, she has decided to medicate.  I see this as dragging his illnesses out.

I love her Mom, wish we would see more of her.  Whitney will feel so guilty if something happened to her Mom and she could not get to her in time, which is why I don't understand the move, though one does have to move on with one's life, difficult.

@mousiegirl  LOL about the dirty foot massage. That was so nasty! I also found it odd when Whitney's female friend was rubbing her nude body under a sheet last season or maybe it was the season before. Did you see that one? Babs walked in. I can't recall the exacts but it did appear that something was going on between them. I don't care what Whitney claims. She tried to shrug it off. Whitney certainly displays some odd behavior with her friends. It appears they are no boundaries. I just don't get what they're into.

ITA with you about the cat. I believe in quality of life for pets. They look to us for it. Her cat may just pass away on her. Especially if it has cancer. I do like Babs. She's so sweet but you never know what's going to come out of her mouth next. I don't understand why Whitney wants to move away either. Maybe it's part of the storyline that has yet to be revealed. I find it difficult to believe her parents won't be seen much but perhaps they don't want to be as involved in the show? Just a thought. Time will tell.

@colliemom4   Yes, quality over quantity, always.  Whitney finally said near the end of the episode that Henchie does not have cancer, but he has heart disease, kidney disease, and a major inflammatory intestinal disease, so this cat must be in pain.  When she said he was eating but losing weight, I thought thyroid disease, so am surprised that he was eating with all of the other diseases as it has been my experience that when cats stop eating, that is a major red flag, as they can be sneaky about how they feel.  I had one cat who looked great, and when I lifted him one day, he was as light as a feather, so off to ER we flew.  I had to let him go as the diagnosis was terminal, can't remember what it was.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I don't always watch, but when I do the show seems so staged now. Why did last night's episode last 2 hours? That's far too long. As for Whitney telling her new boyfriend about kissing Buddy...why? I guess she needed him to believe another man would kiss her? I don't know....her entire living situation is strange as well. From who she has living with her to her wanting to move to a new town. I guess they're hard up for new material so they're changing the storyline. I wonder if it will her running back and forth between the two towns now or about Whitney and a new group of people.

@colliemom4   The first hour was a rerun of last weeks, I believe. Last night, Whitney said her feet were dirty, so Buddy slathers on some lotion on her feet and massages her feet/foot, how gross was that!  I changed the channel during this nonsense.

After she described all that is wrong with Henchie, and given his old age, I think I might have taken a different route, but if he isn't suffering,  no one knows that, though I would assume he is, his face doesn't look happy, she has decided to medicate.  I see this as dragging his illnesses out.

I love her Mom, wish we would see more of her.  Whitney will feel so guilty if something happened to her Mom and she could not get to her in time, which is why I don't understand the move, though one does have to move on with one's life, difficult.

@mousiegirl  LOL about the dirty foot massage. That was so nasty! I also found it odd when Whitney's female friend was rubbing her nude body under a sheet last season or maybe it was the season before. Did you see that one? Babs walked in. I can't recall the exacts but it did appear that something was going on between them. I don't care what Whitney claims. She tried to shrug it off. Whitney certainly displays some odd behavior with her friends. It appears they are no boundaries. I just don't get what they're into.

ITA with you about the cat. I believe in quality of life for pets. They look to us for it. Her cat may just pass away on her. Especially if it has cancer. I do like Babs. She's so sweet but you never know what's going to come out of her mouth next. I don't understand why Whitney wants to move away either. Maybe it's part of the storyline that has yet to be revealed. I find it difficult to believe her parents won't be seen much but perhaps they don't want to be as involved in the show? Just a thought. Time will tell.

@colliemom4   Yes, quality over quantity, always.  Whitney finally said near the end of the episode that Henchie does not have cancer, but he has heart disease, kidney disease, and a major inflammatory intestinal disease, so this cat must be in pain.  When she said he was eating but losing weight, I thought thyroid disease, so am surprised that he was eating with all of the other diseases as it has been my experience that when cats stop eating, that is a major red flag, as they can be sneaky about how they feel.  I had one cat who looked great, and when I lifted him one day, he was as light as a feather, so off to ER we flew.  I had to let him go as the diagnosis was terminal, can't remember what it was.

@mousiegirl  I was half paying attention to Whitney though I did hear her say what the cat's diagnosis was. For some reason I came up with cancer. Someone I know had a cat with cancer and I was thinking about that. Yes, not eating is a major red flag in pet health issues.  Whitney is very childish so I don't know what she's thinking in that brain of her's.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I was half paying attention to Whitney though I did hear her say what the cat's diagnosis was. For some reason I came up with cancer. Someone I know had a cat with cancer and I was thinking about that. Yes, not eating is a major red flag in pet health issues.  Whitney is very childish so I don't know what she's thinking in that brain of her's.

@colliemom4   When Whitney took Henchie to the vet, the vet mentioned that it could be cancer, and I thought that was unnecessary, as she could have waited for the test results, saving Whitney and her family some worry.  I did not hear a diagnosis, just the diseases Whitney mentioned, but all of them are terminal, and the cat is a senior citizen.  You and I know the pain of losing a pet, but I don't think Whitney has experienced it, I just hope she doesn't wait too long.  The last act of love is to let a suffering pet go.

Esteemed Contributor

I had this show on for a short time.  It was just awful so I’ll pass going forward.

Respected Contributor

I have never watched this show.  

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

Although I've never watched this show, your comments made me think of "My 600 Pound Life" which I do watch.  On this program there are super obese people of both sexes and many have partners who care for them including bathing and toilet issues. Some are too big to leave their beds, so there isn't a toilet!  It always makes me wonder why someone would remain in such a situation.  Caring for a loved one who is ill is one thing, but caring for someone who won't stop eating is something quite different, IMO. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic 

another show I need to change the channel ... not only are these people morbidly obese & do nothing to help themselves BUT treat those who care for them horrible!!!

I saw these 2 sisters on another program - I like its called "1000 sisters" oh dear ... something definitely wrong with society who think these 2 are normal -- they have sometype of social media page with followers!  

Good for them BUT again, these shows promote obsesity as a "normal" condition..

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@this is my nic 

another show I need to change the channel ... not only are these people morbidly obese & do nothing to help themselves BUT treat those who care for them horrible!!!

I saw these 2 sisters on another program - I like its called "1000 sisters" oh dear ... something definitely wrong with society who think these 2 are normal -- they have sometype of social media page with followers!  

Good for them BUT again, these shows promote obsesity as a "normal" condition..

I tried to watch the 1000 pound sisters but they were so goofy. I couldn't stand watching them eat either. They went to a buffet and loaded several plates and this was only one of the things they did. Nauseauting.

Esteemed Contributor

I really just tune in for Glen and Babs and now Henchie. The rest is just filler. That dirty foot rubbing bedspread stain scene was gold. Nauseating but reality tv gold.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.