Honored Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life

Whitney may be over weight, but I am always amazed at the things she can do,  Lifting weights, I have not seen her dance lately but I remember years ago she had the movesSmiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

Whitneys parents are so cute.  They are dressed so nice for dinner.  I thought it was funny when Whitney told Chase to get his elbows off the table, then she put her elbows on the tableSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Whitney may be over weight, but I am always amazed at the things she can do,  Lifting weights, I have not seen her dance lately but I remember years ago she had the movesSmiley Happy  

Worse dancer ever...

she never moved her legs...just stood there and moved her arms😄

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@sunshine 919   I can't help but think lifting weights puts a strain on the heart, and the older she gets, her weight will begin to take a toll.  It annoys me that she doesn't even try to lose any weight, one reason is probaby due to Jessica telling her not to worry about her weight, just eat three times a day instead of one big meal.  Whitney thinks she is fit and so her weight is okay, but oine day it will be big trouble.

Honored Contributor

I actually happened to watch the most recent episode (after saying I was done with this show) and heard her mention that she weighed about 300 lbs.  If so, she has lost quite a bit of weight because she was in the 350 (or more) range a couple of years ago.

I still don't think she's going to be a great personal trainer.  To be successful you need the bod; and she doesn't have it.  Even if she trains obese people, I think they want a trainer with a body they can aspire to.

Valued Contributor

I LOVED the show this weekWoman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@sunshine 919   I can't help but think lifting weights puts a strain on the heart, and the older she gets, her weight will begin to take a toll.  It annoys me that she doesn't even try to lose any weight, one reason is probaby due to Jessica telling her not to worry about her weight, just eat three times a day instead of one big meal.  Whitney thinks she is fit and so her weight is okay, but oine day it will be big trouble.

@mousiegirl 

You are so right. I just heard this morning on the Today show that women with PCOS are at greater risk of heart disease. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sure hope Whitney doesn't announce her engagement and ole Buddy goes on a giant bender (this week he"threatened" her with it...ha...he needs a beer....boo hoo) and I think he won't stop till he wrecks her romance. He's trying hard! She is his enabeler and he will use that to have her taking care of him his whole life (the BIG baby) if she doesn't wake up and smell the freeloader....er coffee. Hope she marries that cute fella (and HOPE he is for real and not another user like Buddy) and she moves back home close to Mom and Dad (LOVE them!) and has a little Whitney and this will help her lose the weight (body AND Buddy!).

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@mousiegirl 

You are so right. I just heard this morning on the Today show that women with PCOS are at greater risk of heart disease. 

I have PCOS and it really does a number on the body. High cholesterol, insulin resistance, high blood pressure, rapid weight gain, risk of heart attack and stroke, abnormal periods... it's a mess. Losing weight with PCOS is not as easy as a lot of people think it is. My main form of exercise is plain old walking. The times I go to the gym with my co-worker, I do recumbent biking or low impact weights, nothing too strenuous. I guess Whitney feels she has to work up a sweat and do more intense cardio workouts. 

I quit watching this show when all the dramas typical for these shows started taking over so I don't know what's going on in everyone's lives, but if Whitney's choice is not to lose weight, it's her body, and people who don't know her really shouldn't be getting angry about it. It's none of their business and they're not paying her bills. The only person who should decide to change it is Whitney, not people watching her on TV. I have no time for concern trolls who feel they need to play personal doctor to people they don't even know. The original premise of the show was to show Whitney in a positive light as a superfat (I use that term kindly as I'm a very large person) woman who can live a decent life like thinner people. It wasn't supposed to be a weight loss show and I think a lot of people are upset about that. Not everyone who is big on television should always have dieting and weight loss be the focus unless the show is actually about their health. 

Valued Contributor

I was watching a rerun of the show that aired previously.  It's the one where Whitney was trying to stand on a surfboard and fell into the water.  Ryan came to tow her out, and he was having a really hard time with all her weight and the water.  She complained and complained that he "yelled" at her, but not once did I hear her say thank you to him for killing himself to try to tow her!  And he did it twice!!  She seems to be very "entitled" and all about herself.