Honored Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life

The only thing the bathing suit revealed (that we don't usually see) were her legs.  She walks around in a sprots bra and leggings all the time.

Trusted Contributor

@drizzelllawrote:

I do not know what is wrong with me. I was just passing through the channels and that train wreck was on. And guess what, I stopped to look. 

Not a pretty sight. I haven't watched in quite a few episodes but I still know the highlights.

I feel bad for Buddy. His personal problems and weaknesses are out there for everyone to see, just because he is her roommate. I can't help but think he is uncomfortable discussing everything for the world to see. Maybe he wants to keep somethings private. And deal with his recovery at his own pace. Instead of going to Hawaii because it was already planned.

And yes, the bathing suit can not be unseen.  But Whitney likes to be the center of attention. And this show and family certainly give it to her.

@drizzellla

Why would you feel sorry for him?  He chooses to be on the show.  No one is forcing him. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919wrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

Anyone watch Whitney in Hawaii last night? Her swimsuit. No. Just no.

You could tell Buddy would rather not have been there and he didn't need to be.

I guess I have lost interest.  I did not watch the show.  This show has changed so much.  The first season was good.  I think the focus was her getting into shape.  I really miss her trainer this season.  It seems her weight is not the focus.  I know her parents worry about her.  I don't remember her having so many excuses for not finishing things.  I am not sure what the focus of the show is anymore.  

---------------------

I also watched in the beginning, but lost interest!  I think Whitney craves attention and being on the show gets her there. 

Think before the show, she was just a female with a weight problem.  Now she is a female with a weight problem and a TV show!!   But like a child....negative attention is better than no attention.  

Honored Contributor

Look!  I'm overweight.  I get it.  But I couldn't believe it when she came out walking on the beach with everyone in the shortest and tightest ....what were they?  Pants?  I've ever seen.

They were as close as you can get to being bikini without the belly button showing!

Maybe I'm in the minority but she should have worn something like maybe looked like Bermuda shorts.  Something that would have covered up 'things' a little more!

Then she wears shoes that are too small width.  It's obvious they don't provide any support on her feet!  No wonder she gets blisters, etc.

This whole show leaves me with my mouth open the entire time!

This girl is unbelievable...that's the best I can do!

I don't know if these other people get paid....but....

Valued Contributor

I quit watching last year so the only thing I know about her is what I read here and see in commercials.  I hope she is making a lot from TLC and saving it.  I doubt this show will last much longer because after all,  how many more sports can she fail at, she has really poor taste in men, is she straight or gay, pregnant or not, etc.  At the beginning I gave her credit for having the guts to flaunt her body and withstand the haters.  But if she doesn't do something soon about her weight, her next stop will be My 600 lb Life.  As I have said before, there is NOTHING fabulous about being 400 pounds.

Honored Contributor

@moon_gazerwrote:

I don't know what it is about these so called reality shows that just sort of suck me in. LOL!  This show, just like Sister Wives, I feel silly watching, but, can't seem to help myself. Whitney does enjoy attention - otherwise - she would think twice about her choice of outfits that always show so much of her large body. As for trying surfing - I have no words. I feel sorry for her family having to watch. Her brother seems embarassed by Whitney and does not seem to enjoy appearing on the show. That was the price he paid for a free trip to Hawaii. I LOVE her mother, Babs. She is a hoot! As for Buddy, as others have mentioned, he does not need his life and drug problems completely exposed to the world.  

@moon_gazer  Buddy shouldn';t have signed up for the show if he didn't want his issues to be known/seen.

Honored Contributor

Unless Buddy signed a contract and/or really needs the money, he does not need to appear in the show.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

I thought it was weird that Buddy even went. Without him they still have plenty to talk about and occupy themselves with storyline wise. Everyone understands that Buddy's trying to recover. Yes Whitney was mean to her dad. I felt bad for him because I'm sure he means well with trying to help her with her weight issues but unfortunately he can not control that. It's up to her to lose weight if she decides to.

@colliemom4  In the promo for next week, Buddy told Whitney that he could have a drink with dinner, he is still in denial.

Honored Contributor

I don't think Whitney's Dad lying to Whitney was helpful, and I would have been upset also.  I can understand how she feels when she spoke to her brother saying she was the only one who had to "earn" her trip to Hawaii, no one else in the large group had to.

Aside from her weight issue and exposing so much, I think she was cute last night, so excited about being in Hawaii, and being a good sport in trying surfing.  I also understand her when she said that she would be fine living in Hawaii if she had her cats. 

As I mentioned in another post, Buddy should not have signed up for the show if he didn't want his issues to be exposed, and in the promo for next week telling Whitney that he could have a drink with dinner, screams more rehab, still in denial.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirlwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

I thought it was weird that Buddy even went. Without him they still have plenty to talk about and occupy themselves with storyline wise. Everyone understands that Buddy's trying to recover. Yes Whitney was mean to her dad. I felt bad for him because I'm sure he means well with trying to help her with her weight issues but unfortunately he can not control that. It's up to her to lose weight if she decides to.

@colliemom4  In the promo for next week, Buddy told Whitney that he could have a drink with dinner, he is still in denial.

@mousiegirl  I missed that. Definitely not good.