Valued Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life

@SeaMaiden wrote:

So what happened to her trip to France?? Did they discuss that on the show the other night? Did she go?

They really didn't -just left everyone hanging on that issue. Of course, it was pretty clear early on that that was going nowhere. Just scripted in for more of her crazy drama!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Super Contributor

I didn’t realize MBFL had returned so last night Ihad it on Demand. Feel so sorry , Babs had another stroke and dad and brother dealing with covid. Until the kitchen scene when Brittney snd Toddd started talking about the “French mam”. That did it for me -shut it off!
Esteemed Contributor

@Beacon girl wrote:
I didn’t realize MBFL had returned so last night Ihad it on Demand. Feel so sorry , Babs had another stroke and dad and brother dealing with covid. Until the kitchen scene when Brittney snd Toddd started talking about the “French mam”. That did it for me -shut it off!

How funny, I changed the channel at the same place.  Enough of this idiotic "French Man".

Honored Contributor

I walked away from this named disaster long ago.  I feel sorry for the parents to have an adult daughter this messed up.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whitney lives in her dysfunction unfortunately. She manages to have a group of really nice friends but the straight men have had drug or alcohol issues. Except her pregnant girlfriend this week said she had not seen Whitney for months, long enough to hide her pregnancy from Whitney. So obviously they are not best friends. Whitney said this week that Lenny was much nicer now that he was sobser and the other long time BF and roommate, Buddy, was also drinking and drugging on the show in the past.

The audience so wants Whitney to succeed and the first year, I thought she was embarking on change. The crying she constanly does and her times of depression are very sad. She openly admits to being a food addict on various episodes. I think she has a personality disorder but am not qualified to diagnose her. But the crying, the irrationality and clinging to men she doens't know, the way the men are first heros going to rescue her from the depression and loneliness and then the villlian, the depression and food addiction make me wonder.

I want to tell her to get to a good clinical therapist and get assessed for some things. I want her to succeed in crafting a health life and emotional wellness and it makes me sad she doesn't. This up and down stuff she engages in has got to be very hard on one's soul and mind. They showed her visiting France for the summer it was said. But then she made it sound like she was in her own place in Paris and saw the FM a few times. I don't know why I am so invested in her, she is obviously a nice person and you just want her to finally figure out how to manage her emotions and seek happiness. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
I was relieved to see that Babs reaches a level of recovery based on the preview scenes at the end of the show.  They really had me thinking she wasn't going to make it.

At the end of last season I said I wasn't going to continue with this show, but here I am, watching again.  I caught it On Demand a couple of nights ago which is why I'm late to the party.

Trusted Contributor

Whether it was real or not, the whole storyline with the guy who got another woman pregnant while he was engaged to Whitney, just broke my heart.  I almost wish it wasn't true!  How Whitney got over that and could still call him a friend was beyond me.  But there were so many touching moments during the times Whitney talked with him about the pregnancy and the baby.  What was his name, Chase?  I can't think of it right now.  But him showing the photo of the baby to Whitney just stabbed me in the heart.

I watch it fairly regularly and like some of you mentioned, I wish Whitney the best in her journey to maybe, HOPEFULLY lose the weight someday.  And I agree that her parents seem to be great people.  I've lived in North Carolina twice in the area where they live, and there are tons of "salt of the Earth" type people like Babs and Glenn who are from NC.  Wishing all of them the best, especially hopeful that Babs will recover from her stroke!

Honored Contributor

@Growing  Whitney makes her income off of her dysfunctional life. If she lost the weight....and got her life in order...the show would end. People want to see others suffer and live a life worse than their own.  That is why reality shows are so popular.

Honored Contributor

I think she's likable enough but most of her friends appear to be troubled misfits. She's got a lot of money from the show but your health is your wealth so there's that.

Honored Contributor

It seems her mission to lose weight is no longer.

"After Thore returned to the U.S. from Korea, she became the on-air producer of the Greensboro, North Carolina radio show Jared & Katie in the Morning on 107.5 KZL.[5]

On February 27, 2014, the show created a dance video called "A Fat Girl Dancing" on 107.5 KZL's YouTube channel. Soon, the video went viral, allowing Thore to promote her message of body acceptance and positive body image.[6] As a direct result, Thore was featured on numerous media outlets such as ABC News, NBC's Today Show, and The Huffington Post. In early January 2015, TLC aired My Big Fat Fabulous Life, which chronicled Thore's life and her mission to lose weight. The first season aired with ten episodes, and TLC premiered the second season in September 2015.[7]

In May 2016, Thore released her memoir, I Do It with the Lights On: And 10 More Discoveries on the Road to a Blissfully Shame-Free Life"