Honored Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Last night episode was telling 2/18, where when Chase's family was asked what he would want in a partner, the Dad said "Someone to support him"...  She is on TV,, so I guess that meets his criteria! Lol!  She is the cash cow? No offense meant, I like Whitney!  She is Someone who can keep their pride and confidence with the challenges and judgement she faces.. it  is refreshing to me- 

I read that Chase works and also has a joint business adventure with Whitney. I want to say they went in together on some sort of alcoholic drink or bar? I read it about a week ago and I can't recall, but it does make me wonder about him. I want to believe he accepts her as she is and has no ulterior motives, but we all know life is not always that way. Whitney is actually worth several million dollars.  I also read she's no longer wearing her engagement ring so they may not even be together.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't watch this one, but looked in on the Sisters one that was mentioned here and what the heck!  The first thing that came to mind (honestly, I'm not even kidding) was inbreeding.

As for this show, like others here, I really don't like the promoting and glorifying of morbid obesity and am surprised that this show has lasted as long as it has.

@chickenbutt  Are you talking about the twin sisters? I have a difficult time watching that show. I've never watched an entire episode and when it comes on I can't turn it off fast enough. I find many things about them disturbing. The way they act is very "off" for lack of a better word.

@colliemom4 

I think chickenbutt is probably referring to the show "Sister Wives". There has been a lot of talk about that show, as well.

Hi!  Smiley Happy   No, it was those two sisters, I don't think they are twins although they look quite similar, who have a show about their morbid obesity.   IIRC, the largest one's name is Tammy and I forgot the other one - a single syllable name.  (sorry about that - memory gone)

@chickenbutt  Is her name Amy? They had a marathon not long ago and I caught a lot of episodes though I swore I wouldn't watch it.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't watch this one, but looked in on the Sisters one that was mentioned here and what the heck!  The first thing that came to mind (honestly, I'm not even kidding) was inbreeding.

As for this show, like others here, I really don't like the promoting and glorifying of morbid obesity and am surprised that this show has lasted as long as it has.

@chickenbutt  Are you talking about the twin sisters? I have a difficult time watching that show. I've never watched an entire episode and when it comes on I can't turn it off fast enough. I find many things about them disturbing. The way they act is very "off" for lack of a better word.

@colliemom4 

I think chickenbutt is probably referring to the show "Sister Wives". There has been a lot of talk about that show, as well.

Hi!  Smiley Happy   No, it was those two sisters, I don't think they are twins although they look quite similar, who have a show about their morbid obesity.   IIRC, the largest one's name is Tammy and I forgot the other one - a single syllable name.  (sorry about that - memory gone)

@chickenbutt  Is her name Amy? They had a marathon not long ago and I caught a lot of episodes though I swore I wouldn't watch it.

Oh boy, did I get that wrong!   Smiley Embarassed   Yeah, Amy with one syllable.  heh  (sorry about that!)

I, too, said I would not watch these two, yet I've seen a couple of episodes.  Amy seems to have it together, to at least some degree, so I hope she keeps it going.   Tammy might just be a lost cause.  I hope not, for her sake.     I'll stop there.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

What was up with that outfit she was wearing while visiting his family????? complete with bandana. was she trying to look like a hillbilly??? she is really gross.....

Honored Contributor

@so so wrote:

What was up with that outfit she was wearing while visiting his family????? complete with bandana. was she trying to look like a hillbilly??? she is really gross.....

@so so   She had on nice pants, don't know why she would wear those on a fishing trip, but Chase took her into an area with thick mud, she got stuck, so those pants were not usable for the evening, and all she had were overalls, lol.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Last night episode was telling 2/18, where when Chase's family was asked what he would want in a partner, the Dad said "Someone to support him"...  She is on TV,, so I guess that meets his criteria! Lol!  She is the cash cow? No offense meant, I like Whitney!  She is Someone who can keep their pride and confidence with the challenges and judgement she faces.. it  is refreshing to me- 

I read that Chase works and also has a joint business adventure with Whitney. I want to say they went in together on some sort of alcoholic drink or bar? I read it about a week ago and I can't recall, but it does make me wonder about him. I want to believe he accepts her as she is and has no ulterior motives, but we all know life is not always that way. Whitney is actually worth several million dollars.  I also read she's no longer wearing her engagement ring so they may not even be together.

@colliemom4   I hope Whitney is as smart as she seems to be, about her money, and hope she doesn't get hurt by Chase personally, or her money.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

@Skyegirl21   That was last week's episode, but rerun last night before the new episode.

Valued Contributor

My favorite part of this show is when Whitney's parents are on. I just love Glen and Babs! Whitney is so worried over her "aging parents" ( as she sees them) and their health issues. Babs can be so funny. Glen had a fall down the stairs and now Whitney is telling them that they need to move into the downstairs master bedroom and quit going up and down the stairs. I am not quite as old as her parents, but, I would be a little ticked off if my child started telling me what I should be doing.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

We moved in our mid fifties back to Az. (DH's job) we decided ranch house all on one floor, DD had a fit she wanted 2 story at the time well time goes by she now realizes we did the right thing. no basement no attic and love no more steps. Other house steps and not one would carry up laundry which I put folded waiting for someone to carry it up. DD moved out so this is fine with the two of us. I understand Whitney's concern for her parents. Her brother should have been more supported with Whitney. 

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

My favorite part of this show is when Whitney's parents are on. I just love Glen and Babs! Whitney is so worried over her "aging parents" ( as she sees them) and their health issues. Babs can be so funny. Glen had a fall down the stairs and now Whitney is telling them that they need to move into the downstairs master bedroom and quit going up and down the stairs. I am not quite as old as her parents, but, I would be a little ticked off if my child started telling me what I should be doing.

@Sapphiregal   I look at falls as a warning, the next may be much worse, no joke falling downstairs.  I think her parents should be worried for themselves, but I also know it is difficult to admit one cannot do what one is used to doing.  They are lucky to have a home with a master bedroom on the first floor, most don't and at some point, need to move to a stairless home.