Trusted Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life

The show is not glamorizing obesity. People know Whitney, like so many others, suffers from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and it causes most of the people to have it to gain large amounts of weight over time. Also. they can almost never become pregnant and have a child. I think she is making the best of her life and has a loving and supportive family. It's much better that she feels good about herself, in spite of her problems, rather than hide and live a life of depression, anxiety, and other problems.

Maybe you should be blessed that you don't have to live with this syndrome.

Are we ever going to stop criticizing other people? Especially when we see them so differently from ourselves?

Go ahead and judge, just be sure your life is absolutely perfect before you express your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I looked it up online or tried to, and read that she has diabetes and so does her dad. Wonder if it's true?

@colliemom4   It wouldn't surprise me due to her obesity.  If she does, and is not saying this to the public, the title of the show need to be changed, and the format, in order to cointinue, in my opinion.

eating big bowls of sugar sweetened cereal is not going to help her health any that is for sure.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65 wrote:

The show is not glamorizing obesity. People know Whitney, like so many others, suffers from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and it causes most of the people to have it to gain large amounts of weight over time. Also. they can almost never become pregnant and have a child. I think she is making the best of her life and has a loving and supportive family. It's much better that she feels good about herself, in spite of her problems, rather than hide and live a life of depression, anxiety, and other problems.

Are we ever going to stop criticizing other people? Especially when we see them so differently from ourselves?

Go ahead and judge, just be sure your life is absolutely perfect before you express your thoughts.

But PCOS is not the sole reason for her obesity. Whitney has admitted on the show that she had an eating disorder in the past and that she still fights it.  She has talked about not eating all day and then way overeating in the evening. She knows her eating plays a role in her obesity, but she chooses not to address it aggressively. She seems to be making some changes (more exercise, eating a little better)  which has resulted in her losing a few pounds. Maybe this success will motivate her to keep it up.

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

@ Whitney admitted that she has an eating disorder, which she has had since childhood, nothing to do with her disease, 

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

It was so dull that my husband actually started to tell me what he took the SUV in for. What was serviced and how much it cost and.....I actually listened. Normally I shush him as my show is on. Not last night tho.

Hysterical! Maybe I’ll watch next week so that I can savor THE TRUTH about the broken sump pump under the porch steps......

Trusted Contributor

I thought that Whitney looked good there and her hair was pretty.  But the show was just okay.  I do think they are running out of ideas with this show.

Respected Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

PCOS is treatable with out patient surgery. It’s not a death sentence or a reason to not have children. Do some research.

Honored Contributor

Dad is the only one on this show with any sense.   I don’t find entertainment in this show.  

Valued Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

PCOS is treatable with out patient surgery. It’s not a death sentence or a reason to not have children. Do some research.

I have had PCOS since i was in my 20's.  I also had 2 children in my 20's and probably could lose 10 pounds, but I am definitely not morbidly obese.  As someone else said Whitney has admitted she has an eating disorder not brought about by PCOS.  There is nothing "fabulous" about Whitney's future if she doesn't lose a lot of weight.  Her health will definitely suffer.

Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

I thought that Whitney looked good there and her hair was pretty.  But the show was just okay.  I do think they are running out of ideas with this show.

@miata1   I think a great idea, as I have mentioned before, is to begin Whitney's journey to losing weight the safe, healthy way, this would take another two years or so.