Honored Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life Season 8

I am surprised that she attempts to do things that are not appropriate for someone so large. This show treads on really being like a carnival showcase....the extremely fat woman dancing badly....or hiking and climbing trails badly. Wearing clothes too small..exposing parts of her anatomy no one should see.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am surprised that she attempts to do things that are not appropriate for someone so large. This show treads on really being like a carnival showcase....the extremely fat woman dancing badly....or hiking and climbing trails badly. Wearing clothes too small..exposing parts of her anatomy no one should see.

When she was riding the bike last season I'm surprised she kept talking about how it hurt her and that there wasn't a bike big enough for her. She really shouldn't attempt many of these things. Especially weight lifting.

Esteemed Contributor

You can add Whitney’s fake crying 😢 to the fakery of this show. 

Whitney is just about a paycheck. 🤑

Honored Contributor

And to think they called PT Barnum crazy when he started the circus back in the day...he should be rolling over in his grave ..now it's called "reality" shows😉

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Won't waste my time with this staged "fakery."

IMO the whole thing is scripted, right down to Whitney's crocodile tears.

This show in general, and Whitney in particular, are one of the most obnoxious and offensive programs on television. She's so downright fat that she's got heart trouble and has fertility problems. And she's so self-invoved that the very sound of her voice grates on my nerves. 

I was going to say, she should consider weight loss surgery, but she doesn't have the self-control and discipline to be successful.

This is "fabulous"?

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

This show in general, and Whitney in particular, are one of the most obnoxious and offensive programs on television. She's so downright fat that she's got heart trouble and has fertility problems. And she's so self-invoved that the very sound of her voice grates on my nerves. 

I was going to say, she should consider weight loss surgery, but she doesn't have the self-control and discipline to be successful.

This is "fabulous"?

The premise of the show was not a weight loss journey, it was to bust stereotypes about fat people and the assumptions others have, that they are minutes away from death due to being so unhealthy and can't have a happy life. At least that's what it was for the first two seasons. I quit watching when all the drama with her friends began, I just didn't find them interesting enough.

Since I haven't been watching, I'm not aware of any health problems for Whitney. I know she has PCOS and I know many people think she is using that as an excuse to "stay fat." As someone who has PCOS, I know what she's going through. The disease pretty much ruins your metabolism, causes insulin resistance, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, extreme weight gain, irregular menstral cycles, infertility. The things you have to do to control it can be taxing on you physically, mentally, and emotionally.

But it's her body, and her choice what to do with it. If she doesn't want to have weight loss surgery, that's her decision, and she shouldn't get it to appease viewers who want to play concern troll and armchair doctor. The only person who needs to worry about Whitney's health is Whitney, and if it gets to the point where drastic measures needs to be taken, again, that's on her. 

Honored Contributor

She was very mean to Buddy....downright nasty. 

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Wow, fat shaming.

It is approperiate for fat people to do the same things at average size people.  Thin people dance, hike and climb trails badly and expose parts of their anatomy no one wants to see as well.

No wonder people who are overweight don't want to excerise where people can see them, Comments like yours make them very uncomfortable.

BTW, I think Whitney can dance and I am surprised that she can move as well as she does. Not many people her size can sit on the floor and get up without effort. In fact, many people of average weight can't do that.

I wonder if you could keep up with her. I know I couldn't.

I have been fat shamed in the past and it still hurts even though I lost weight.  It's a sore, raw subject for me.

Respected Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

This is "fabulous"?

The premise of the show was not a weight loss journey, it was to bust stereotypes about fat people and the assumptions others have, that they are minutes away from death due to being so unhealthy and can't have a happy life. At least that's what it was for the first two seasons. I quit watching when all the drama with her friends began, I just didn't find them interesting enough.

Since I haven't been watching, I'm not aware of any health problems for Whitney. I know she has PCOS and I know many people think she is using that as an excuse to "stay fat." As someone who has PCOS, I know what she's going through. The disease pretty much ruins your metabolism, causes insulin resistance, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, extreme weight gain, irregular menstral cycles, infertility. The things you have to do to control it can be taxing on you physically, mentally, and emotionally.

But it's her body, and her choice what to do with it. If she doesn't want to have weight loss surgery, that's her decision, and she shouldn't get it to appease viewers who want to play concern troll and armchair doctor. The only person who needs to worry about Whitney's health is Whitney, and if it gets to the point where drastic measures needs to be taken, again, that's on her. 

Spot On!! Great Post!!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Wow, fat shaming.

It is approperiate for fat people to do the same things at average size people.  Thin people dance, hike and climb trails badly and expose parts of their anatomy no one wants to see as well.

No wonder people who are overweight don't want to excerise where people can see them, Comments like yours make them very uncomfortable.

BTW, I think Whitney can dance and I am surprised that she can move as well as she does. Not many people her size can sit on the floor and get up without effort. In fact, many people of average weight can't do that.

I wonder if you could keep up with her. I know I couldn't.

I have been fat shamed in the past and it still hurts even though I lost weight.  It's a sore, raw subject for me.

Stigma against fat people is the last acceptable prejudice. It is such a sad commentary on society.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky