Honored Contributor

My Big Fat Fabulous Life Season 8

starts tonight........

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life Season 8

@catlover    Off topic, but yes, cats are heaven sent!  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reminder. 

I like Babs and Glen.........

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Regular Contributor

I love Babs and Glenn too! Every time another one of Whitney's beaus goes by the wayside, I think poor Babs and Glenn...they were so happy. I know it's scripted but still think of them being sad when Whitney has a breakup. I hope that Chase and Ryan are over and she's back in Greensboro with her buds.

Honored Contributor

@felixmom wrote:

I love Babs and Glenn too! Every time another one of Whitney's beaus goes by the wayside, I think poor Babs and Glenn...they were so happy. I know it's scripted but still think of them being sad when Whitney has a breakup. I hope that Chase and Ryan are over and she's back in Greensboro with her buds.

@felixmom   In the promo now, Whitney says she is still engaged and shows the ring, very confusing.

Honored Contributor

I am pretty sure Whitney's fiancé had a baby with his ex on Sept 9.

I think the whole thing was staged and they were never engaged to be married in the first place.

I used to enjoy the show when she was dancing, but there's is just stupid drama on now.  I am not into watching other people's fake problems unfolding.

These shows always seem to take a bad twist after a season or two.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie  Whitney lost me after the first 2 seasons because the original premise of the show (about how grand and unrestrictive it was to carry around excessive pounds) was proven to be invalid.  Also, her personality grated on me and the story lines seemed very contrived.  

I see the show as offering whitney a paycheck she wouldn't ordinarily be able to receive without it, so there's that.

Her parents seem along for the ride.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@felixmom wrote:

@felixmom   In the promo now, Whitney says she is still engaged and shows the ring, very confusing.

Then I've seen one where he says, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I just don't want you to hate me". 

Get real Chase, you had a baby with someone else.

Honored Contributor

Won't waste my time with this staged "fakery."

IMO the whole thing is scripted, right down to Whitney's crocodile tears.

Honored Contributor

It just seems so weird the way this group hangs out with each other.

Do these other females have husbands and/or boyfriends?  What is going on between this group of adults?

I can’t imagine the horrible hate mail her ex-fiancé is getting.

Some of the things these producers have Whitney doing are just stupid.  A weight lifter?

I do like that maybe it’s getting other heavyset people out and enjoying their lives too.