Honored Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous LIfe

Not much on tv & I swore off the real housewives of BH so flicking I saw this show.

I cannot believe this show...everyone needs therapy, including her wacko enabling parents! My goodness, I cannot imagine she is as happy as she portrays & imo she needs to take a good look at her life & now she's stating she's pregnant for goodness sake - someone needs to "shake her"!

TLC should not be promoting obesity (as they do in this show) but then again lots of "wierd shows" on this channel.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Holy Hannah she is pregnant!!!!!   I googled and there's a pic of her holding the stick. It says three tests over three days with positive results. 

Esteemed Contributor

@makeup addict  If she really is pregnant and TLC promotes that, I will give up forever.....I swear.........................

Honored Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

Holy Hannah she is pregnant!!!!!   I googled and there's a pic of her holding the stick. It says three tests over three days with positive results. 

What Holy Hannah is right lol.  Her personality does seem to have changed.  I just saw her with her roommate and she is kind of snooty to him after buying the house they were renting. 

Respected Contributor

She's preggers.i flipped it to TWC to see the new tattoo show and 'whitneys show was still on. Test was positive and she told her ex boyfriend, Lenny? In the preview for next weeks episode. He asked if it was his.  Ugh 

Honored Contributor

She is pregnant. On the preview for next week she tells the ex and he asks if it's his. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is (very) risky to be that obese AND pregnant.

Now she will have even more incentive to overeat, like she needs one.

She won't live to see the kid grow up, and start a family of their own if she doesn't loose the weight.

She'll probably have a massive heart attack and be dead in ten years, if she doesn't get her weight under control.

Trusted Contributor

Saw the season premier and really was not impressed. Seems TLC (formerly the learning channel but now the leering channel) are up to their old tricks of "scripted drama for ratings" tactics. I cannot see their family wanting to "air every piece of rapid fire chaos and dirty laundry" to the public eye....but then again maybe money talks louder then family eh? sigh was a bit too much change too fast in Whitney I guess that makes me skeptical. Had a friend who appeared on a TLC Reality Show (90 Day Fiance) and she told me the things they made her do for ratings and that forever changed my mindset. I do wonder that TLC would not re-new her Show if she decided to lose the weight....therefore what is the incentive to be more weight healthy? Then TLC too would be complicent in part for the decline in her health. Is sad really as wouldnt be the first time Reality TV helped ruin someones life but at same time folks are willing to become expoited for money so cant exploit the willing? I saw that her demeanor has changed and not for the better. I wish their family well and hope they enjoy this limelight while it lasts.....as it does not last forever.  Then they are left with the fallout.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Not much on tv & I swore off the real housewives of BH so flicking I saw this show.

I cannot believe this show...everyone needs therapy, including her wacko enabling parents! My goodness, I cannot imagine she is as happy as she portrays & imo she needs to take a good look at her life & now she's stating she's pregnant for goodness sake - someone needs to "shake her"!

TLC should not be promoting obesity (as they do in this show) but then again lots of "wierd shows" on this channel.

I started watching this show from the beginning.  I honestly thought she was focused on weight loss.  She is an amazing dancer and I love her personality.  The relationship with her parents is sweet.  It seems when Lenny came into the picture she started changing and she gained more weight.  He has never treated her nicely.  I remember on one show she had the hardest time getting  into his truck and he never helped her.  Now she says she has been sleeping with him.  He has always been an awful boyfriend to her and he has nerve enough to ask her if the baby is his.  I hope any female watching this show will realize that if a guy does not try to impress you with kindness and loving gestures in the beginning it will only get worse.  I am not sure what direction this show is headed. I see that next week her mom is in the hospital.  I wish her well she is such a sweet sweet lady.  Her dad is sweet as well.

Honored Contributor

I can't wrap my head around her.  How can someone who has so much enthusiasm for everything not be able to muster up some enthusiasm to lose weight.

IMO the trainer thing is kind of stupid given that she dances quite a bit and really seems to get a good workout doing that.  

She needs to be mindful of what she's eating!!!!!